• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marines/Navy OCS question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor2216

I just bought and watched "Full Metal Jacket" yesterday and I would like to know how closely does that movie resemble OCS. Thanks.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
That's exactly how it is! The goal of OCS is to drive every recruit crazy so that they will shoot their Drill Sgt and then themselves. Hollywood was right on the money with this movie. Almost as close as "Top Gun" Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Gator

Raptor,
Full Metal Jacket is a fairly accurate rendition of Marine Corps boot camp, but not exactly correct. The most accurate thing in the movie was the DI, probably because he was a Marine DI in real life. He was hired to be a consultant and ended up playing the role. When I went to boot camp we had three DI's and at times up 6. If you want to see what's it's really like try and watch the documentaries that they have on Discovery channel.

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
You will not be able to know what OCS is like untill you experiance it for yourself. As for movies allways take them with a grain of salt. Some are bigger then others!!

O-man

O.k.- I'm with Gator on this one. They dont hit you with a closed fist anymore- but they get fairly rough with you. We were all getting thrown into and over footlockers at first. But my buddies who have been threw it say that OCS is better. Less sleep, more food and the stress and presure is more internal than before. Really six of one and a half dozen of the other- but not playing games all day- no sand pit, quarter deck and sand fleas looks real sweet after PI.

Gator

O-man,
OCS won't be a walk in the park, but it helps knowing that it won't be worse than PI!

Status
Not open for further replies.