• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marines semper FI society

Status
Not open for further replies.

wutzu

Semper Fi society here at Cal Poly is just an organization for Marine Corps Officer Candidates. It's a great resource for information about OCS. It's not affiliated with the Marine Corps per se, so you still need to apply through an OSO.

airwinger

pilot
I went to Riddle for a while and joined Semper Fi. The OSO saw it as a great tool to reach and motivate his OC's thus we got to go fly the F-18 sims in Jacksonville(this is waay back when) do a couple of hikes and even an incentive ride. Add the speakers we got (retired Harrier guys and an active Tank Officer) plus the presence of guys to PT with and I'd really recommend it.

If you're in Semper Fi, you should already be in ROTC to the best of my knowledge...meaning you are already getting a Navy or Marine Corps commission. If you are a Navy op wanting to switch to Marines, it would probably help to attend Semper Fi.

ControlledBurn

ERAU Student
I'm a Riddle kid and Semper Fi member. Semper Fi is merely a club for Officer Candidates. Since NROTC recently came to Riddle, we've branched out to include the NROTC members who are interested in the Marine option. When I first started with Semper Fi it was mainly getting together and doing stuff as a group, camping, drinking, etc. Now it's oriented towards PT and preparing for OCS. There's no official affilitation with the Corps, but the OSO strongly reccomends it for those involved with or interested in the Platoon Leader's Course

wutzu

Just get in touch with the other poolees around campus tell them that you want to start a Semper Fi Society. Then you and your fellow OCs can work out hat you want the Semper Fi Society to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.