• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Max age to be commissioned for flight training? waivers? other branch?

method

From reading this board, it seems that the 27 birthday is the deadline for Navy/Marine flight training. But I hope you all don't mind me posting as I'm trying to determine if there are any current waivers or other options. (helos, other branches)

I have a bachelors degree in MIS and 20/20 vision with no prior military service and I would like to be commissioned as an officer with guaranteed flight training. I want to find out the flight training maximum age limit for all branches and if they are any "age waivers" currently available.
I also have a question about previous spinal fusion surgery and if it would be an issue once fully healed.

Please PM me if you can help or refer me to someone who can. Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
My thanks goes out to all those serving or who have served as well.

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
You are too old. At one time the limit for pilot was 27 with up to 4 years waiverable. So the max was 31 by commissioning. I'm pretty sure the limit now is 27 (waived to 29). I don't know what the limit is for NFO or other branches. I'm also pretty sure the limit for URL is 35 but don't take my word for it. Try doing a search for age waiver. This topic has been discussed before. Good luck.

irontri

I still think the limit for URL is 35.

Probably. My recruiter said that if I walked in the door a year earlier (34 going on 35), the sky would have been the limit (Master's degree, industry experience, PRT excellent). That's with a waiver of course....and I know nothing is guaranteed.

Hey, at least I can help the team in some small way!

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
Probably. My recruiter said that if I walked in the door a year earlier (34 going on 35), the sky would have been the limit (Master's degree, industry experience, PRT excellent). That's with a waiver of course....and I know nothing is guaranteed.

Hey, at least I can help the team in some small way!

Don't miss interpet my post. I was just trying to clarify the age limit for URL for Method. Congrats on getting selected!!