• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Maximum Age For Pilot and NFO?

uncledave

Can someone please tell me what the current maximum age for SNA and SNFO is? Is it 27, 29, or something else? Also, if someone was to serve 2 years of commissioned service in the fleet before applying for a lateral transfer, would these 2 years be added onto the maximum allowable age? Thanks.

suicidechuck

When I applied for a lat transfer the age was 27 1/2, can't remember the order, and no you can't add on to the age. Age waivers are pretty easy to cme by these days

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
suicidechuck said:
When I applied for a lat transfer the age was 27 1/2, can't remember the order, and no you can't add on to the age. Age waivers are pretty easy to cme by these days
WTF???

Brett

suicidechuck

I stand corrected, the age limit for fleet accessions is 29 years of age. MCO 1542.1H has all the information of Fleet Accessions. Sorry Brett, it's been a little over 2 years since I applied. Thanks for the heads up, not trying to push out incorrect information.

nfo2b

Well, not anymore... :(
Pasted from the STA-21 website, but should still be good info for all:
Age: STA-21 NFO Option candidates must be at least 19 years old and able to complete degree requirements and be commissioned prior to age 27. Maximum age limit may be adjusted upward to age 31 with active duty or prior active duty service computed on a month-for-month basis and approved by PERS-435A. No waivers beyond 31.
Age: STA-21 Pilot Option candidates must be at least 19 years old and able to complete degree requirements and be commissioned prior to age 27. Maximum age limit may be adjusted upward to age 29 with active duty or prior active duty service computed on a month-for-month basis and approved by PERS-435A. No waivers beyond 29.
FWIW, I'm riding that waiver.
EDIT: This other Navy website says something different: http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/noru/orojt/generalofficer.htm#2
And this should be the most official document: http://buperscd.technology.navy.mil/bup_updt/508/milpers/1131-010.htm
Dated 2002--is is still current?