• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MAY 04 SNA Orders

Status
Not open for further replies.

notyco

Does anybody have any idea when we are suppose to be getting our orders for SNA's graduating this spring? How backed up is it down there in Pcola?
Thanks
Caleb

CUNavy1

pilot
purdueflyguy said:
Does anybody have any idea when we are suppose to be getting our orders for SNA's graduating this spring? How backed up is it down there in Pcola?
Thanks
Caleb

I was told by my XO that we will not get our orders until April. I guess there are so many graduates in the Spring that it takes a little longer to get them out.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
Buddy of mine (on this site, but has gone UA) got SNFO orders for Pensacola for June. They should be coming up soon.

Also, we're pretty backed up here.

FSUMIDN

P-3 TACCO
Yes, I just got my orders today. UA for my last Spring Break man give me a break. Report in early June. I didn't expect orders until next month though.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
FSUMIDN said:
Yes, I just got my orders today. UA for my last Spring Break man give me a break. Report in early June. I didn't expect orders until next month though.

have you been getting the gouge I've been sending to LT D?

snizo

Supply Officer
Grads here in previous semester didn't get their orders until late -- in some cases not until like 2 weeks before graduating ... you know how the military is -- could be anytime.

FSUMIDN

P-3 TACCO
What gouge? That probably means no I haven't. I asked about the grad school and he told me he didn't pass it on because he thought I should just take a break. I don't disagree but I would rather he passed it on anyway.

I meant UA from the board over break. Away from anything reminding me of that being my last break. All I did was sleep, read, and work on cars over the break.

I can't reliably predict how many pick NFO first because such few people are commisioned through my unit into aviation but for us it has been pretty 50/50 for aviation selects.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
I emailed you a while back about the first week, didn't I? If not you can check it in the 'required reading' section.

Things are good here, started IFS this week. Some SNFO's are doing IFS, it's just not fully funded, only taking 1/2 every couple of weeks. Would be good for you to have. Maybe I'll still be here when you get here.

FSUMIDN

P-3 TACCO
Ya, I got the first week stuff if that's what you were talking about. I hope I can do IFS and get some more time in the air before Primary.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
I would *suggest* that you at least get a ground school done, either here or in T-town (stay away from Eagle!!!). I'd say it's a couple of hundred dollars. Maybe even work to a PPL. I know you only get like 6 FAM flights or so, but it can only help. That is, if you have the disposeable income AND are interested in flying as a pilot in your spare time while awaiting API/primary. A leg up is a leg up no matter how you look at it.

FSUMIDN

P-3 TACCO
According to the NFO IFS syllabus, you get 13.5 flight hours from 11 flights. I have considered going for the PPL after Primary. Can the hours you accumulate in Primary can be used towards PPL? I can't wait to get back in the T-34 and throw it around some more. Oh yah, and the normal tedious stuff of course.

CUNavy1

pilot
Got my orders today. Myself and bunch of others at our unit report to P-cola on 6 AUG. Can't wait!!!

Chubby

Heh, we all got ours too. All for 6 AUG. I bet all of the new ROTC Ensigns have to report on the same day. Wouldn't that be a site to see.

sfa_gray

SNA Ensign
No orders yet from Univ of S. Florida. There are two of us SNAs here in our first ever graduating class. I got selected for the ISO program, so I expect to be on different orders than my buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.