• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mecep

cplrush

Wow! av8bavi, you have some smoking stats. How are your LORs? Do you have any college?

Pinto-
I wish you good luck with the body fat % thing. All I can say is if you want to succeed in the Marine Corps you will do what it takes to meet the standards regardless of how unfair they may seem.

Crowbar

None
I believe that a few years ago that it was but now most Marines that I know had heard of the program...It's so widely publicized now that many more packages are being sent in. Survival of the fittest and I may just be cutting it close.

FY06 MECEP STATISTICS

TOTAL APPLICATIONS 231
TOTAL ELIGIBLE: 223
NUMBER SELECTED: 125
NUMBER OF ALTERNATES: 10

% SELECTED: 56%

The FY02 selection rate was in the mid to high-twenties, roughly half of what it was for last year. The FY00 selection rate was about 10-12%.

av8bavi

crowbar, I don't have any college. I don't know how well that went with the board, but I've also heard that too much college is bad too. Mostly what I've heard about having and not having college seems to be personal views from random people. As for the LOR's, I have two. One is from my CO, a LtCol, and the other is from a prior enlisted 1stLt.

Crowbar

None
Also, I'd like to point out that in FY02 we had ~100 people selected for MECEP, as compared to last year's 125.

Seriously, I can tell everybody about the basic demographics of my class but I don't know how things have changed since then. My prep class had plenty of people with 0 college credit, most of us had at least a few credits, and one person had one year of college left until he graduated. We had a handful of Corporals, mostly Sergeants, and a good many SSgts. Most of those SSgts, though, were relatively junior, as in less than a year in grade. At least two Marines got selected for Gunny while we were at MCRD, and we had one person attrite from prep. Don't get all stressed out over that last point, he showed up running a one-seventy-something PFT and halfway through the course was only at one-eighty-something.

Again, all of this is dated, so I'd like to hear from people who went through recently what their classes looked like. Also, for your reading pleasure, enjoy this in your spare time...
https://web.mcrc.usmc.mil/G3/OfficerOR/MECEP 2006 STUDENT GUIDE.doc

JRODLando

I've got two NAMS but I really don't think those make a difference to the board. All the people I have talked to said they just like to see a proven track record of outstanding service. I know lots of turds with NAMS, sometimes it's just being in the right place at the right time. I think everyone that applied feels they have strong points and weak points in their application. I just want to find out already.

cplrush

Yeah, Friday seems like it will never get here! It reminds me of when I was a kid waiting on christmas morning LOL!!

aro7382

As far as the letters of rec go, I don't think they're going to do much for you. We had a Col from HQ come talk to our class and somebody asked him about how much they mattered. He said none at all. And like JROD said NAMs have more to do about which command you were in then who you are.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Date signed: 10/18/2006
MARADMIN Number: 503/06

Subject: MCBUL 1560. FISCAL YEAR 2007 (FY07) MARINE CORPS ENLISTED COMMISSIONING EDUCATION PROGRAM (MECEP) SELECTION BOARD RESULTS

MCBUL 1560.

S/F

Dhc2tacksby

I'm curious how the contract works once your in MECEP. How do you get an air contract once you enter into MECEP (After selection yadda yadda...)

Cheers.
Tacks.