• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MECP package

How much does an alcohol related NJP effect an enlisted to officer package. The instruction is clear that it’s 3 years without an NJP, but even if it’s more than 3 it has to still be reported on the 1420/1 correct? Anyone have any insight on this? I feel like there’s no way i’ll get accepted due to this NJP since it’s alcohol related. My package is pretty strong besides that.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
How much does an alcohol related NJP effect an enlisted to officer package. The instruction is clear that it’s 3 years without an NJP, but even if it’s more than 3 it has to still be reported on the 1420/1 correct? Anyone have any insight on this? I feel like there’s no way i’ll get accepted due to this NJP since it’s alcohol related. My package is pretty strong besides that.
How long ago was it? What has your performance been like since then? What do your EVALS look like?

How long ago was it? What has your performance been like since then? What do your EVALS look like?
It’s been 4 years, no other NJP or disciplinary action since then. This happened early in my career, so since then i’ve made rank, gotten qualified and done pretty well. 2 MP evals and an EP.

I figured honesty would be the best route. I just hope my personal statement along with performance in the 4 years after is enough. If the NJP wasn’t an ARI I wouldn’t be as worried, but a lot of these programs have even more specific guidance regarding alcohol use.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

What does the application / form ask? That is the answer.

Also, find some MECP and/or officer mentors in your command to help you.