• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Medical Concerns Regarding Becoming a Pilot

Jackrat

I'm sure you guys get a lot of these threads and I'm sorry for letting the broken record play, but I had some concerns about becoming a pilot.

I have been in about 4 years now and very interested in submitting a STA-21 package for the Pilot program. The problem is my eye sight has been diminishing and I'm about to the point that I need glasses.

I plan to get a flight screening done on my ship to see if I even qualify; I'm hoping they can tell me if it is correctable or how bad it is.

I guess my question is, is it even worth my time to go through the process to submit a STA-21 package or is my eye sight going to put an end to any attempts?

I'm also 6 foot 1, what is the height limit for pilots?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Get your eyes zapped, and you can be a pilot. If you can't or don't want to, but you're correctable to 20/20, you can be a 'FO.

There's not an upper height limit - it's anthros. IOW, there are max/mins for different body measurements, like arm length, butt-to-knee length, etc. Mostly so they'll know if you're likely to get your legs chopped off in an ejection. At 6'1", you're not exactly Shaq, so don't worry about it.