• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Medical Physical and PRT

MIPilotSP

Hello Everyone,

I am a new member and I have a question about the application process. I tired searching the existing threads for an answer, but I couldn't find one. Please forgive me if this question has been asked 100 times before.

My Navy recruiter has told me that I can take the PRT and medical physical after the board “professionally recommends” me and that I do not need to submit those items with my package. He said that as long as I pass the PRT and physical before I go to OCS, I will be good. Is this true?

Thanks for the info.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Hello Everyone,

I am a new member and I have a question about the application process. I tired searching the existing threads for an answer, but I couldn't find one. Please forgive me if this question has been asked 100 times before.

My Navy recruiter has told me that I can take the PRT and medical physical after the board “professionally recommends” me and that I do not need to submit those items with my package. He said that as long as I pass the PRT and physical before I go to OCS, I will be good. Is this true?

Thanks for the info.

Actually...... At least one of those questions has been answered before, in fact very recently. The only reason I know the answer to it is because I read it on this forum. It makes me wonder how thorough your "search" was.

I believe, at least for the PRT, that is correct.

Goob83

None
aight! for about the 5th time in one form or the other. Here it goes again

you can submit and be PRO Rec'd without PRT and MEPS physical. you cannot be final selected without them. The results of the PRT must be GOOD low in every single event. and you must be 100% physically qualifed thru MEPS or issued a waiver FROM BUMED or as we call it 00M.

Now MIPilot are you in NORCAL, SOCAL or LA area?

mc282000

Does that apply to the Marines as well? I definately think I'm going to be ready for the ASVAB/ASTB before I am for the PFT and possibly the MEPS as well. That'd be sweet if I could take the written tests and get Pro rec'd before I had to do the PFT and MEPS physical. More time to train. I've got an optometrist appointment and an ENT appointment next week that should shed some light on my physical qualifications. Wish me luck on those.