• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Medical Question-Commission depends on this!

Lisa10

Does anyone on this forum have or know someone who has Prolonged Q-T syndrome. It's an abnormality with the electrical signals in your heart. My commission (which is in one month) is in jeopardy because the Dr.s "discoved" this during my flight physical. Any info would be helpful.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lisa10 said:
Does anyone on this forum have or know someone who has Prolonged Q-T syndrome. It's an abnormality with the electrical signals in your heart. My commission (which is in one month) is in jeopardy because the Dr.s "discoved" this during my flight physical. Any info would be helpful.
Multiple threads about the same issue probably won't speed up your response, and just annoy people. I suggest you PM "feddoc" with your questions.

Brett

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
I don't know of anyone with this syndrome.

It is not out of the ordinary for an ECG to be mis read, especially with someone who appears to be as athletic as you are. As I recall from your other post on this subject, your ROTC physical did not indicate the presence of prolonged Q-T syndrome(sometimes called LQTS).

My best guess is that the docs will do another ECG (and probably have it read by a cardiologist), a stress test and maybe hook you up to a Holter monitor.

You also should consider getting an outside opinon. Might cost you a few $$$, but may end up being well worth the extra cost.