• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MEDICAL WAIVERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davey

Let's frankly talk about medical waivers. I'm in great shape and am dealing with a denial. I checked the box "yes" at MEPS because I had psoriasis once. Honesty is best, right? I sent for my medical records and the military doc denied my request for a waiver based on what they said. The recruiter said it is not debatable. Is there any way I can still get into OCS? Anyone else have a similar situation? Psoriasis, in case you don't know, is a skin disease you've got for life, but oftentimes it occurs only once.

Go Get 'Em

Grandmaster235

World's Greatest Pilot
Honesty is always best, except when filling out your MEPS med history. I think it says so in the bible.

If your recruiter says no, you're going to have a hard time.

<<tali264 says i love the dolphins>>

Davey

So omitting information about your medical history is pretty much the norm? I assumed so, but was struck with an honest thunderbolt when at MEPS they said, "waivers are granted for everything." I misinterpreted her surreptitious remarks for the truth!

Go Get 'Em

Meridiani

Sorry Davey, you're screwed.
icon_smile_sad.gif
The docs make no exceptions for skin disorders such as psoriasis and eczema. In case you're not familiar with the rationale, it's because people with skin diseases have a higher rate of complications from live-virus vaccinations such as small pox. If you can't get a small pox vaccination, you can't join the military.

Davey

Thanks for shedding some light. Complications associated with the small pox vaccination is news to me and makes more sense than, "your ability to wear the military uniform will be impared, " which is a load of @#%&!.

Go Get 'Em

Status
Not open for further replies.