• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MEPS question

bbf7b2

pilot
I did a search and couldn't come up with a good answer so I figured I'd ask. I'm a catcher for my college baseball team (save your jokes I've heard 'em all) and as a result my knees are always a little beat-up. It's not like I need knee replacements or anything, I do a lot of running with the team both distance and sprints and I can do it without a problem it just usually doesn't feel great and sometimes I'm stiff in the knees when I wake up the next morning. Am I likely to have a problem at MEPS as a result of this? Is there anything I can do to prevent it?

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
As far as knees go, you'll do some squats, stand on one leg and kick, and you'll have to walk on your knees. But this isn't usually until at least a couple hours after you show up.

When you walk on your knees it may not feel good, but don't make it clear that you're uncomfortable if you are--no one likes walking around on hard surfaces using their knees.

abh99

I just completed MEPS last thursday. I have wrestled and played baseball my entire life, including college. Needless to say I'm a little banged up. And to make matters worse, I had a baseball game the night before where I dove to catch a ball and came up a little lame after jamming my knee in the ground. Nothing major, just a little swelling around the patella, however any side to side movement hurt a bit. The entire day at MEPS, I was getting up and sitting down in chairs (as opposed to standing in line). So I was in a bit of pain the whole time. However, the Ortho portion of it where you have to do all the physical movements was relatively quick. And I'm certain that if you've been a catcher all your life, then you know a little bit about 'sucking it up' and just ignoring the pain.

Walking on the knees, as well as doing the kicks, was a bit painful on a bad knee, but as long as you don't make a face or anything, you'll be fine. As long as you don't have a serious, debilitating injury then don't worry about hiding a little bit of pain and it's over quick. A little bit of pain for a few minutes is well worth it.

No worries, you'll be fine.