• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MEPS, Waivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfa3

I'm looking for information on MEPS, what sort of tests are done, questions asked, files needed. Do they look at all your civy files or just go on your word and your tests. The impression I get it is that they have a fine tooth comb, that is just a little too fine sometimes.

Any tips, info on waivers you have...etc would be helpful...how far back and what types of injuries-illnesses should you really report...

I plan on meeting with an OSO once I get my financial obligations straightened out and my pft and classwork better situated. (READ: fall)..I don't plan on -and won't settle for- having less than a 300 pft...and I have a 3.0 gpa. I know what I can achieve and I will work my ass off and go 110% to get it...but I don't want to lose the chance due to some process redtape technicality.

oh...im a sophomore...looking at PLC...

CLAM97to99

I just filled out my MEPS form and they only made me fill out form 2. I kinda mad wish I could have filled out form 1 because it doesn't ask if you have had a bed wetting problem since age 12!

dfa3

was that a prescreen form with your OSO? The first form is when you are AT MEPS for all that good stuff and the second is a prescreen from your OSO so they know what you might need to bring for the MEPS people

wutzu

I figure that if meps could check the civilian records of everyone who came through, they wouldn't bother asking questions at all.

Greaper007

You're entering a world of pain
I just did a MEP's on thursday. It really wasn't that bad, they ask you about 3 different times if you've ever used pot (I think the guy with a pot leaf tatoo in front of me that was enlisting in the army had to say yes to that one). They do about three different tests on your eyes (color blind, correctable/uncorrectable vision, then they measure your eyes with this machine). Draw your blood for an aids test, do a urine test. Honestly, you only see the doctor for about 30 secs. Except for your eyes, they don't really go over you with a fine toothed comb. I was a little worried because I had hernia surgery in April. However, the doctor just signed it off. The only bad thing about the place was the angry civilian flabotimists (sp?) working there. Kind of like having a dmv worker stick you with a needle repeatedly even after you try to tell her which vein to use for a blood test. Though I wouldn't advise anyone to try to hide anything, it wouldn't be extremely difficult to hide your past medical conditions, especially if they were something that didn't leave a scar.

Status
Not open for further replies.