• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MH-53 crash in Oman

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
HM-15 has had a tough 5 years or so...had a fatal class A in 2008...Here's hoping for our brothers still in the water.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HM-15 has had a tough 5 years or so...had a fatal class A in 2008...Here's hoping for our brothers still in the water.

I'm assuming because the report says "Over Oman", that they were not over water.

-ea6bflyr ;)

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
According to USA Today:
"Raelson says an investigation is under way into crash of the MH-35E Sea Dragon. He says the helicopter was assigned to a mine countermeasure squadron and was involved in heavy lift operations when it crashed 58 miles (93 kilometers) southwest of the capital Muscat."

OscarMyers

None
Same here, the Wife and I were in HC-4 with one. Thoughts and prayers to the HM-15 family and friends, and the 53 community.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
If you were in HT-8 from 2006-2008, like I was, you probably learned from J.P. He and I had more flight time together than any other copilot/crewman in my logbook.

His newlywed wife and him were some of the best people I've ever known. LSU will now win the Nat'l Championship due to having their biggest fan on their side in heaven.

Farewell to him, and please be safe. One less amazing crewman in the world to watch our pilots' ass...

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
I went to school/commissioned with JPs wife. Definately good people...so unfair that they had so little time together.