• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS MH-60T Service Life

hscs

pilot
Article is meant to spur action In the budget season. Not a huge crisis, IMHO. There are a bunch of a/c at AMARG that have a lot of life left in them post-E-City TLC. More viable to do that than to figure out how to buy an extra 1k hours on the Ts.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Article is meant to spur action In the budget season. Not a huge crisis, IMHO. There are a bunch of a/c at AMARG that have a lot of life left in them post-E-City TLC. More viable to do that than to figure out how to buy an extra 1k hours on the Ts.

I get the impression that instead of buying 1K hours, they're trying to drum up support (money) for exactly what you mention...pulling more Foxtrots out of the desert.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I get the impression that instead of buying 1K hours, they're trying to drum up support (money) for exactly what you mention...pulling more Foxtrots out of the desert.
Exposing my ignorance here, but why would the Coasties want 60Fs?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Most 60Fs have a lot of life left, especially if rebuilt. They have been converting them (and 60Hs) to 60Ts.
Huh, interesting. I knew about them converting the 60Hs but not the F's. Didn't know they were similar enough to convert to Ts.