• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Might be worth asking this:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ski3

Seems the Navy platform selection follows a predictable path, so my question is this:

Does anyone know what the trend will be when it comes to the "needs of the Navy" say around November '03? I will get out of OCS in Feb (I hope!), and I am guessing I should be done with API and primary by November (again, I hope, since I did not even start OCS yet!). I am guessing these things are hard to predict, but maybe someone in the training pipeline or the fleet has heard rumors.

...and another quick question - how many E6B Mercury slots are there per year, and what pipeline do these guys follow?

Jack

ghost_ttu

I can't answer you as to what the rumors are. But there is a very good journal out there of a guy that went E6B. He talks about all his training, I THINK he went to T-1's and trained with the Air Force. I can't remember where that journal was though.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

JayManC

SKI3:
"the needs of the navy", those are the infernal words that have struck fear in the hearts of many aviators an officer candidates alike, as for judging where they might be in say 6-8 months it's pretty hard to say. It's all a matter of timing, luck, and overall motivation.

If you have questions about the e-6b and the training pipeline associated with it, you're best bet is to check our Dave Werner's site, he pretty much set the mark for online journals back in '98 and i think John likes him cause he's a fellow Gator. Anyway he went on to fly the E-6 but because there are so few squadrons the competition for those slots is extremely demanding. anyway...good luck http://members.aol.com/daveuf96/Journal.htm

<insert something witty here:>

Ski3

Thanks guys, I understood it was a long shot, but I figured what the hell.

"he went to T-1's and trained with the Air Force"

Welp, scratch E6Bs then. :) I saw that webpage before, but lost the URL - thanks.

Ski3

Guess I just wanted to hear:

Wow! Talked to some guy today, and he said that from July to December of '03 its gonna be all jets!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.