• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Military Aviation Exchange Programs

fighterpfeif

How tough is it to get into a pilot exchange program. I have heard about them, but can't seem to find any information.

-When can you apply?

-What is the selection board looking for (flight time, time in service, etc.)?

-Can you pick the service or does it pick you?

-Do you fly the aircraft in the unit?

-If you are chosen and the unit you are attached to deploys do you join them?

-Finally, can it be considered shore duty?

It sounds like a great deal and alot of fun.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Its is very competitive
-When you have absically maxed out all the quals in your airframe
-all of the above and more, you are representing your country, service and community
-you apply
-yes
-yes
-B billet for Marines not sure about blue side

Yes msot are great deals

There is a thread that talks baout this more

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
How tough is it to get into a pilot exchange program. I have heard about them, but can't seem to find any information.

Easy cowboy...graduate college, make it through OCS, finish API, finish Primary, finish Advanced, finish the FRS, finish your first sea tour AND THEN apply. It'll be 5-6 years from now before you can even think about asking the detailer about it. By then you may get to PEP with the Iraqi AF even...

If you don't get it for your first shore tour (usually), you can try again after your disassociated...which will actually be closer to your retirement than to you commissioning date...so bottom line...relax...you've got a while.

Huggy Bear

pilot
There are certainly some great exchanges out there. I've had friends go to the USAF for vipers and eagles, and Switzerland and Spain to fly Hornets. I tried to get Spain myself but ended up with my second choice (FRS IP). It was very competitive, I think the detailer said he had 14 applicants. To answer your deployment question - yes you can deploy. We had a USAF viper guy come to my fleet squadron. He got more than a hundred traps and was with us in OIF.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Please give me Israel PLEASE give me Israel

Israel8.jpe

Israel13.jpe

81rv.jpg

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Jewish girls can be hideous... and my god can they be gorgeous. Always a fan of the pretty IDF girls.

Lawman

None
Jewish girls can be hideous... and my god can they be gorgeous. Always a fan of the pretty IDF girls.

Yeah its a lot like Red Heads in the fact that they have to run a gauntlet of bad genetics, but the ones that make it...... damn.

And by the way Whitesox, the girl at the top of your little photo array, her name is Agam Rodberg, see more here.

http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hs=UtG&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&c2coff=1&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=%D7%90%D7%92%D7%9D+%D7%A8%D7%95%D7%93%D7%91%D7%A8%D7%92&btnG=Search