• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Military Channel's Flight of the Osprey

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Military Channel just started running their special feature Flight of the Osprey. The principal ingredient of the show is lots of aerial video of and interviews with the "Thunder Chickens" during their recently concluded first Osprey combat tour in Iraq. Most of the aerial video is stunning views of Ospreys on the job. The Brit narrator seems almost too serious, but is tolerable until he mispronounces Commandant and a few other terms, but that is minor distraction. What comes through is how much the Thunder Chickens like and believe in their "ride". Worth watching!

Note: The troubled part of the development is kept in perspective and Thunder Chicken CO addresses it from personal standpoint as he saw one of the mishaps and knew many of those who perished in both of the latter mishaps.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Note: The troubled part of the development is kept in perspective and Thunder Chicken CO addresses it from personal standpoint as he saw one of the mishaps and knew many of those who perished in both of the latter mishaps.

They got an astounding 18 minutes in before they mentioned the terrible growing pains. They did a good job with it. It was almost as if whoever produced the piece had no knowledge of the V-22s history prior to putting the piece together. I had expected it to focus on the crashes because that's what everybody else does. It was a good surprise that everything was kept in perspective.

Autorotate

FAC, former Phrog pilot
I only got to see about the first 20 minutes. I liked how they talk about Al Asad like it's a bad place to be. It's not known as "Camp Cupcake" for nothing.

Did they ever talk to my boy John Sax? Anyone remember?