• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Military Hops

Boots with furr

Hey all does anyone know if ROTC midshipmen are eligible for military hops? If so, what do I need and where can I go to get on a flight? I can't find any information anywhere on the web. Thanks!

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

war eagle

You will probably get a chance to ride, and if you play your cards right, fly some during summer cruises. That's the only time I've ever heard of a ROTC guys getting on an aircraft. It could be a helo, a P-3, or an F/A-18, it just depends on a lot of different things.

Just don't be that kid who is only seen going into his rack or eating/reading in the wardroom... I got to sit right seat and take the stick for over an hour in a 60S on my second class cruise because I wasn't sitting on my ass and the right guy noticed...

Airyk17

If you cannot catch a Military Hop for some reason then you will be stuck buying an airline ticket at the last moment which is the most expensive way to travel as well as the least assured since commercial airlines can also overbook flights. If on Active Duty, you may also be stuck somewhere burning up Leave and hotel money as well as risking a Non-Judicial Punishment hearing for Unauthorized Absence (UA or AWOL) if you do not return on time. For these reasons, we highly recommend that Space-A travel on a Military Hop be limited to true leisure travel for those with time to spare:

• retirees
  • dependents
  • ROTC/Service Academy students with the Summer off
thats straight from military hops . com so i hope that answers ur question (read the last line)

Boots with furr

Thanks a lot. I'm going to Europe this summer so trying to save the most money possible! Seeing if I could take advantage of a military hop.