• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mini-medals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cass

Grumpy
Any prior enlisteds out there who know if we are supposed to bring mini-medals for anything we might need to wear them for at OCS? A couple of guys who are going are also wondering if we would stand out more than we already will if we have the ultra-thin type of ribbons and wear them for inspections etc. The thin ribbons look better and they don't slide around like the conventional slide-on type. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Cass

Just can't wait to go!

Cass

Grumpy
Thanks, I guess I will go ahead and get them...just in case. I'll need to wear them sooner or later. Cass

"Is December 7th here yet?"

jjitaly2001

Now is a good time to get the ultra-thins, because your ribbon rack probably won't change significantly for a while as a junior officer.

Cass, you can order them online at www.ultrathin.com

John - OCS 07 December

Cass

Grumpy
Thanks, I am going to go ahead and order everything and just have them sent to my parents house in Florida. I will still take the "conventional" ones just in case they make a big deal out of having them. Cass

jjitaly2001

I'm going to do the same.

Hey Cass, Are you visiting your parents in Florida before you go on to P-cola? Mine are there too, south of Tampa. I was thinking, if we're close, we might car pool up. Let me know.

John - OCS 07 December

wytee44

I'm a prior who graduated OCS last month. You definetly want "thin ribbons" (even two sets) for OCS and it's a good idea to order your mini's prior to reporting. You'll only need them once (for the dining-out), but you won't have much time to order them once you're there. With the thin ribbons, you won't have to worry about making the conventional ribbons perfect for inspection. I'd still bring the old ribbons for your liberty uniform.

Cass

Grumpy
Damn John, Where at south of Tampa? I'm from Manatee County! Palmetto to be exact. Let me know the dates you'll be there, and maybe we could meet there first.I am leaving Japan on the 29th of November and will be at home making " final preparations". We'll play it by ear and see how it goes as far as driving up to P-cola together. Later, Cass

jjitaly2001

Cass, I'm from Sarasota County....I'll be there around the 24th. Damn small world. It's definitely a possibility to meet there first. I'll send you an email with my phone number there.

Did you know they moved our December 7th Forum to "OCS Class dates and Information"? It's getting pretty big, man. Several more December 7th classmates.

John - OCS 07 December

Cass

Grumpy
John, My dad works as a tool and die maker in Sarasota. A place called Peterson Mfg. He's worked there for 38+ years. It is a small world! Anyway, i'll be there like I said before on the 29th so yeah, we'll have to meet up. Later, Cass

Status
Not open for further replies.