• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mini-OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
The OSO says there's going to be a Mini-OCS towards the end of April. Obviously, everyone will know if they've been accpeted or not by then. I was wondering if any of the rest of you candidates' OSO is getting a Mini-OCS scheduled. If so, how long is it, and where willl yous be? The OSO said it would be a weekend deal.

For anyone who's been, can you let us know what goes on? I'm sure there will be SI's there screaming and hollering at us. But that'll be good to get that over with then, instead of at OCS. Any experienced wisdom is appreciated. Thanks.

utrico

Applying for OCS
We have one in Austin in early April before we know if we are accepted or not. It is supposed to last the weekend after getting there late Friday. Don't know that much about it though...

rahall79

We have one the weekend of April 16th-18th. It will be held in Indiana. If I am not mistaken...we won't know if we are accepted by then, but it is required before going to OCS. I hear you do a PFT, some hikes, etc. Not too big of a deal.

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
Ours last spring was 3 days long. Did a PFT right off the bat. Threw on some boots & utes and spent the weekend getting screamed at. Did some navigation, learned to patrol in squads, ran the o-course. Did a mini-hump (About 6 miles). Went to Navy bootcamp, and I started having flashbacks during this if that's any indication. Had a BBQ on sunday.

Good Times.

OCSCAND

My OSO scheduled a mini ocs towards the end of april for OSO Louisville. I think its at Wright Patterson Air Force Base. I hear they are pretty beneficial just to have a general understanding of what OCS will be like.

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
My OSO sent me this email regarding mini-OCS:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The Officer Selection Offices throughout TX and OK have been getting
together for at least 12 years now to conduct a Pre-OCS weekend for
your
benefit. I am writing each of you to inform you of theist year's event.
I
have attached the Letter of Instruction (LOI) with the specific details
relating to it. The event will be from Friday-Sunday, 2-4 April. There
should be about 150 candidates in attendance this year (30 from
Austin). We
are also bringing in a 3 actual Sergeant Instructors from OCS to assist
with
your training!

This event is mandatory for those candidates that have not been to OCS.
If
there is any reason that you cannot attend, you need to explain it to
me
personally. Due to space availability, I am not requiring the
returning PLC
Seniors to attend this year's Pre-OCS. For all others, you need to
confirm
to me, SSgt or Mike by next Friday March 19. The SSgt and I will be
out of
the office until next Friday, so call Mike to let him know.

Returning Srs- be prepared to provide uniforms for the candidates
attending
Pre-OCS this year. We need your help with uniforms. make sure you
label
all of your gear, and properly document who you're lending it out to.
The
OSO office will provide each candidate with a pack for Pre-OCS weekend.

Also, we are generating study packets for all candidates going to OCS
this
summer. We will have them available for you after Spring Break.

SPRING BREAK- have fun, but be careful! Do not jeopardize your future
by
getting a MIP or PI this Spring Break. The TABC is ruthless this time
of
year. Also, we had a candidate roll his truck on the beach last year
which
put him in the hospital. He has now recovered, but his injuries kept
him
from shipping to OCS last year. Look out for each other!

attached is the LOI for Pre-OCS.

OCSCAND

MyOSO is in Covington. I go to Hanover College in Southern Indiana. I take it from your UK logo you're a Wildcat. Good luck in the tourney.

SLU_fly_girl

USMC PLC Srs 2004
I attended an OCS prep weekend last year in Wisconsin. We did a PFT, O-Course, Land Nav, Drill and had periods of instruction on Land Nav and the General Orders. We did have PSs and SIs from OCS, but surprisingly, there was little (if any) screaming.... why would they scream at us for ONE WEEKEND when they can scream at us for 6 WEEKS when we arrive at OCS. :icon_wink

When my OSO told me about ours, he gave me a schedule of exactly when everything is happening while we are there. It's too long to post here though... but ours is April 16-18 too

Hey I was looking through the "gear list" for the ocs prep weekend and there are some things I need a little help locating. For one, camouflage utility trousers. Anyone know where to find these? Do they make them in female sizes? Also, boots. Where can I find them and what color should I bring? (black or brown?) For the things that say "USMC issued" does that meen they will give them to us? or our recruter has them? or... what? Also, anyone know why we will need rubber bands... or what boot blousers are? Thanks for your help!

livefast

littledancerus: you can find camo pants (also called BDUs or BDU bottoms) at your local army surplus store or online (grunt.com). You can also get BLACK combat boots at the surplus store or online. As long as they're not Jump boots you should be fine. After you get the boots, put them in your shower with hot water soaking them for 10 minutes. After they dry, walk around in them...they should feel just like tennis shoes after that. Hope this helps and don't give up.

rahall79

The giant rubber bands or boot blousers are for just that "blousing" your trousers over your boots. The USMC doesn't tuck their trousers into their boots.

ChrisAg05

From my OSO:

TRAINING SCHEDULE

2 APR NLT 1700 OSO's arrive
1900 Accountability Formation
1930-1930 Overview/Safety Brief
1930-2200 Pick Up
2200-2400 Establish Bivouac
2400-0500 Bivouac

3 APR 0500-0600 Reveille/Chow/Hygiene
0600-0610 Movement to CVF PT
0610-0745 Daily Seven/ CVF PT