• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MIP dismissed, weird scenario, what to do?

flynavy830

I searched but I don't think this situation exists twice. I received a MIP when I was around 17. My mom gave me a bottle of wine to gift to my friends mom. I drove through a DUI checkpoint and officer wanted to look around in car, I let him. He gave me the ticket and I went to court where my mom literally told the judge it was her car and her wine. He said oh yeah you should of said that and then told me to leave. Didn't pay anything and if I search my name it says it was dismissed. Even under these circumstances, I know I have to disclose. Do I have any way of explaining this or am I screwed? Do I need some form of paperwork?

MGoBrew11

pilot
Just do what your recruiter suggests. I got into OCS with an MIP and my violation was much worse. It shouldn't be a problem.

You'll probably just have to write a short statement to the board explaining the situation.

If underrage drinking stopped people from commissioning/wings, (virtually) no one would commission or get wings.

flynavy830

Just do what your recruiter suggests. I got into OCS with an MIP and my violation was much worse. It shouldn't be a problem.

You'll probably just have to write a short statement to the board explaining the situation.

If underrage drinking stopped people from commissioning/wings, (virtually) no one would commission or get wings.

Thanks. I guess that was my main concern, I want to explain the situation. Otherwise the possibilities are endless, like the guy who was streaking naked at his school haha

flynavy830

yes, you must disclose as you were cited (charged).

And I will be able to explain the situation in my package? I'm just kind of dreading all of this now, because when my package is reviewed it will look pretty bad regardless of how I explain it. Or do they skim through it all pretty quick?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes you will be able to explain. In fact, your recruiter will very likely demand it. I too had a run in with the police that was alleged to involve booze or drugs, and flying, no less ( long story told on AW once before). Actually convicted and later over turned on appeal. Wrote it up for my package and was never a problem.