• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Misc OCS Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

gened

A couple of questions:

I know we're supposed to show up with some running shoes, but are these the shoes we are expected to finish OCS in, or are they only for the first couple of days? I need to buy some new shoes if they're supposed to last, and I don't want to spend $$$ on some shoes I won't be able to use more than a couple of days after arriving.

Also, how much access to my car will I have? I know I won't be able to drive it until the class secures in 4-6 weeks, but it would be nice to be able to start it to keep the battery charged and roll it a bit to keep the tires from getting flat spots. I guess I'll need to disconnect the battery and really up the tire pressure if not, as well as making sure everything I need is out when checking in. I bought a car cover to keep the seagull poop off, hope I'll get to use it.

I'm also assuming I'll need some sort of bag to keep my stuff in. I have a large black vinyl bag from my current employer, but it has our company logo on it. Do I need to find one sans logo?

Just 7 weeks until Aug 17!

Thanks,

Gene

RC

yeah, i waqs wondering about those things also, espicially the car thing. Looks like im one class behind you Gene. Ill be there on the 25th.

Ed Williams

I was able to make it out to my car about 3 times in the first four weeks. There is no need to disconnect the battery or worry about tire pressure. A cover is a good idea. As soon as you get there, before you check in, put it on. Once you check in, your first few trips to the car will be timed with not a whole lot of time to pe playing with covers. Don't bring anything to ocs except some underware and socks. Any thing else ex. civilian clothes or personal effects will be taken from you until you are out of week one any way. If the bag has a logo on it, no big deal. As far as shoes goe, you will be forced to buy a pair of running shoes when you ge tthere so i wouldn't spend alot of money on a new pair that you will only use for like 5 days. Although they will come in handy for your room locker inspections. Any other questions?
ed

Status
Not open for further replies.