• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Model Airplanes To Be Flown Into Pentagon

CAMike

None
Contributor
Today was a "success story" for the administration. Those RC's have a tremendous load carrying capability, especially the balsa and foamy 1/10 scale F86 and CNN newly renamed F14 Phantom. RC hobbyists will soon have to register their aircraft and go through a permitting process to fly above 30 feet in unrestricted airspace. Only one aircraft purchase in 30 days with a 10 day cooling off period if you own them in CA.

Seriously- Where exactly is the road runner/coyote approach to battling terrorism going? I'm glad that they caught this moron but sheesh... The pilot and helper in the video below are "dangerous" too.

KBayDog

Those RC's have a tremendous load carrying capability, especially the balsa and foamy 1/10 scale F86 and CNN newly renamed F14 Phantom. RC hobbyists will soon have to register their aircraft and go through a permitting process to fly above 30 feet in unrestricted airspace. Only one aircraft purchase in 30 days with a 10 day cooling off period if you own them in CA.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...are you saying that anyone can just go buy an RC plane, take off without filing a flight plan, and fly around without talking to ATC? I agree - we need tougher regulations on RC plane pilots. They should have tougher licensing requirements, should have to undergo thorough background checks, and should have to file a flight plan and talk to ATC every time they fly.

Think of the children!

OscarMyers

None
Whoa, whoa, whoa...are you saying that anyone can just go buy an RC plane, take off without filing a flight plan, and fly around without talking to ATC? I agree - we need tougher regulations on RC plane pilots. They should have tougher licensing requirements, should have to undergo thorough background checks, and should have to file a flight plan and talk to ATC every time they fly.

Think of the children!

Dont forget about the TSA!