• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

More IAs

robav8r

None
Contributor
There is a NAVADMIN out today that outlines the "mainstreaming" of detailing folks to IA's. Also, word on the street here at CENTCOM is that ADM Fallon will be cutting manning here by 33% which means most if not all of the IA billets here will go away by May 08. So long Mons Venus . . .

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
A buddy who just pcs'd got tapped for one of the 6-month IA's on Wednesday to Bag. Seems like they really have integrated the 6-month'ers into the pipeline as advertised in the navadmin.
Well, beats the 420 day thing...

wiseguy04

The Dude abides....
pilot
Just saw a guy in Stucon in Corpus getting sent off to the sandbox. More to come is the word on the street...

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Had a dream last night where 200 of us got tapped for an IA. I'm out of the Navy and I still had to go.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There is a NAVADMIN out today that outlines the "mainstreaming" of detailing folks to IA's. Also, word on the street here at CENTCOM is that ADM Fallon will be cutting manning here by 33% which means most if not all of the IA billets here will go away by May 08. So long Mons Venus . . .

I have seen things that said the opposite, since we would be more involved in 'rebuilding' and civil affairs stuff, especially the reserves (that is in addition to the Seabees).

robav8r

None
Contributor
I have seen things that said the opposite, since we would be more involved in 'rebuilding' and civil affairs stuff, especially the reserves (that is in addition to the Seabees).
I was refering to the billets here in Tampa. ADM Fallon apparently doesn't like how "bloated" the staff here has gotten since the beginning of the war. Wants more bodies available to go "forward."

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I did an IA to the CAOC in Qatar. It sucked but was worth the career dividends.....and the tax free+"combat zone" pay.....Tampa is the hook however.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was refering to the billets here in Tampa. ADM Fallon apparently doesn't like how "bloated" the staff here has gotten since the beginning of the war. Wants more bodies available to go "forward."

Gotcha. I recently talked to a guy that did a 6 month IA in Guantanomo, he said it was a great deal. Got in the best shape of his life and scua dived every few days.