• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

More internet mando-fun

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Anyone else get to take part in the sweet online physio/survival training for MIDN 1/C Aviation cruise yet? Roomatte and I both spent a quality hour expanding our "professional knowledge" this afternoon w/ this incredible learning aid....

Gouge for those who will be taking this prior to cruise this summer:

1) It is advisable to make sure that drouge chute deploys main chute PRIOR to contact w/ water or ground

2) Although flying an aircraft while actually intoxicated is "obviously" prohibited, it is more dangerous to fly w/ a hang-over

3) If you lose conciousness, notify your pilot immediately

4) If you eject over water, you may remove your nomex (w/ soft leather liner) survival gloves during the O (Options) portion of the IROK descent procedure, but it is imperative that you stow them for later use.

Feel free to add anything important that I missed:)

TrunkMonkey

Spy Navy
:sleep_125 Get used to it. You'll get to learn plenty more exciting facts when you get to API ("Watch what the monkey eats -- then, eat the monkey!"). It's actually good that you're doing this, because when I was a middie on cruise, we had various people GLOC/freak out during their backseat rides. Obviously you can't tell the pilot that you are unconcious, but you should probably let him know that you are starting to gray out. Not because he really cares, but at least so you don't fall forward unconcious and jam the controls.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Granted I'm only a 3/c so that stuff isn't on my radar yet, but did you guys have to do the anti-terrorism training? My own personal favorite from that one was "despite your precautions, it seems there was a terrorist aboard the plane."

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
CommodoreMid said:
Granted I'm only a 3/c so that stuff isn't on my radar yet, but did you guys have to do the anti-terrorism training? My own personal favorite from that one was "despite your precautions, it seems there was a terrorist aboard the plane."

yeah, my unit does it every year......definitely saw some good video footage of Army engineers blowing up IED's. I think it is an annual requirement for NROTC, although I'm not sure about other fleet commands.