• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MOS Advice for Marine Corps Officers

Iris193

My Fiance asked my advice for his MOS. He said that I need to have just as much say in it as he did but I don't understand much about any of it. Originally, he was set on being any kind of intelligence and he'd be great, but now that he's been at OCS, he is afraid an intelligence job will take him too far away from me for too long. Now he's thinking about being a financial officer, a comptroller, logistics or an adjutant. I don't even know anything about these. We can't talk yet because it's only been two weeks. I just want him to enjoy his job. And I don't want him to regret not doing intelligence. ANy advice?

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
My prediction for this thread:

TrainWreck.jpg

Cordespc

None
Contributor
I know it's difficult right now, but you and your fiancee should have all the kinks worked out of his career by the time first libo after week three is over. I see you're from Dayton, wow! my Mom grew up there!:)

All sarcasm aside, MOS selection is not something he needs to be concerned about for several months, and the nature of his assigned MOS will have no bearing on the amount of time you and he are apart. The private spouse forum might be a better place to ask this question, and might produce the type of answers you are interested in hearing.

Hey, do they still sell Little Kings Cream Ale in the southern OH area? If so, its it still available in the convenient 7oz, and 64oz sizes? Man, sure brings back memories:D

Attachments

• lkL.jpg
    lkL.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 19
  • lkB.jpg
    lkB.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 24

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
he has very little control over what MOS he gets out of TBS unless he has an Aviation contract, he's a Lawyer, or he graduates first in his class at TBS. And at least at this point (if he's worried about an MOS taking "him too far away from [you] for too long"), both of you can count on the fact that any ground MOS will land your fiance in the Anbar province of Iraq or somewhere in Afghanistan for at least 7 months within a year of him finishing TBS. right now, the turn around for those places (on the ground side) is 7 months deployment, 10-12 months stateside, and then back to one of those shіtholes again for 7 months. Or, a three year gig to Okinawa will almost guarantee you will be with him (if you're married), but it won't guarantee he won't deploy from there. good times

here's a link to the Marine Corps MOS Manual ... Link

My Fiance asked my advice for his MOS. He said that I need to have just as much say in it as he did but I don't understand much about any of it. Originally, he was set on being any kind of intelligence and he'd be great, but now that he's been at OCS, he is afraid an intelligence job will take him too far away from me for too long. Now he's thinking about being a financial officer, a comptroller, logistics or an adjutant. I don't even know anything about these. We can't talk yet because it's only been two weeks. I just want him to enjoy his job. And I don't want him to regret not doing intelligence. ANy advice?

SuperStallionIP

Large Steel
pilot

I knew of a financial officer in my TBS class that blew his brains out with a 12 gauge in Hawaii of all places. Must be pretty bad if you do that in Hawaii. Don't be a financial officer I guess. I would not suggest being an adjutant either. Logistics would be good and it would be great experience to have for the civilian world when he chooses to get out, which I would assume he will do since he does not want to be away from you for "too long". Tell him to go with what interests him, because he will deploy at some point no matter what his job is.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
Save all those questions for TBS. He'll hear more than he ever wanted about every MOS in existence, and the wives get together for pow-wows and pep talk. Right now, he needs to focus on finishing OCS and college, and getting commissioned.
Or, to put it another way, "Rest, Neo. The answers are coming."