• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Moving Violation Ticket Court Date Hindering Application to OCS

GregGreek

Hey guys, this is my first post. I spoke to my recruiter yesterday and she informed me that a moving violation ticket that I have pled not guilty to and have a court date which is after the date she must send everything in for the July board, will not qualify me to apply to OCS because it would mean I do not have everything settled at home, and would not be ready to ship out to Basic. I want to know if this is true.
I just wanted to get some advice from you guys, and if you have any similar experiences. The ticket is around 130 bucks for a simple moving violation (disobeyed no left turn traffic sign) in NYC, and may give me a couple points (not much) on my license which I would prefer not to happen. I can almost certainly win the ticket as the Officer wrote down the wrong vehicle on the ticket.
Thanks guys appreciate the help.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Here's my thought on tickets... If I actually committed the violation, I pay the fine and move on. I have never been given a ticket for a violation I did not commit.

In your case, if you have a strong OCS application, I would pay the fine and get on with life. In this era of a shrinking military you probably need to take every available shot at submitting an OCS application and it seems silly to let $130 and a couple points cost you one of those chances.

SynixMan

Mobilizer Extraordinaire
pilot
Contributor
OCS Application >> some ticket. Pay that shit so you're cleared up.

porw0004

standard-issue stud v2.0
pilot
Besides, unless I read your post wrong, you stated that you know you disobeyed the no left turn sign and are just looking to get away with it. Act like a man with some integrity, sack up, and take your licks. Otherwise, why are you applying to be an officer?

If you are innocent, pick whichever course of action is more important to you instead of trying to have your cake, etc..

jtmedli

pilot
Hey guys, this is my first post. I spoke to my recruiter yesterday and she informed me that a moving violation ticket that I have pled not guilty to and have a court date which is after the date she must send everything in for the July board, will not qualify me to apply to OCS because it would mean I do not have everything settled at home, and would not be ready to ship out to Basic. I want to know if this is true.
I just wanted to get some advice from you guys, and if you have any similar experiences. The ticket is around 130 bucks for a simple moving violation (disobeyed no left turn traffic sign) in NYC, and may give me a couple points (not much) on my license which I would prefer not to happen. I can almost certainly win the ticket as the Officer wrote down the wrong vehicle on the ticket.
Thanks guys appreciate the help.

First of all, it's not Basic. It's Officer Candidate School. Annoying little detail there.

You're talking about winning a battle to lose the war. You're gonna go to court over some dumb technicality and risk your future career when you probably did exactly what he pulled you over for in the first place. Just man up, pay the crap, and be done with it.

GregGreek

I definitely have my priorities with getting into OCS, I just wanted to check if anyone else had this sort of experience and to check if its true that I would not be able to go through with putting my package in if I have a future court date. Thank you guys for your help, I suppose I will just pay the darn thing and have it over with. But if anyone is from New York City you will understand how these things are and the amount of tickets/bills/crap we go though that drains our cash flow, so I just wanted to fight a ticket that I was not guilty for (sorry for my wording as it sounds like I was guilty, but I wrote what the ticket said in the parenthesis, which is what I am not guilty of). Anyhow I will get it paid and done with to move on through!
Thanks again.

Renegade One

None
On the positive side...assuming you're going into Naval Aviation...this won't be your last "moving violation". :)

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Concur that paying the ticket is your best option at this point.

Disconcur that pleading not guilty is dishonest/violates your integrity. Often doing so will put you in a plea bargain situation that will get you a more fair punishment than what will be obtained by pleading guilty.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A new guy that listens and appreciates advice...this guy may have a future...

Yes, an AA for headwork GregGreek....unlike the, heh heh... suddenly & mysteriously disappeared CuriousInquirer of Supply Officer Forum fame! If that brilliant wannabee ever slips through the cracks, making it to OCS, I'd love to have the ticket rights for the show on day 1. Uniquely qualified (entitled); however, to join the Occupy Wall St. movement! :rolleyes:
BzB