• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mr. James Webb

Birdman

Wow, left the GOP over war in Iraq,former part of reagan administration, runs for senate under Democrat ticket. Could there be Webb for president in 2012?

Birdman

Yeah,but the guy isn't even a senater yet. The dems will just have to stick with the lame horse they bet on already. Who do you think GOP will send in 08?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Politicians. A questionable species. Let's not get too crazy over Jim Webb --- just yet.

The media will lionize him because he's a Democrat, a bonafide Vietnam hard-core vet ... unlike most other pols ... but then the media will champion anyone it deems electable who serves the larger purpose of hamstringing the Bush administration in all things in general and over Iraq in particular. The media will use whatever and whomever they can to do the "job".

Plus ... there's a lot more to the Webb story than "Wow ... (Webb) left the GOP over the war in Iraq .."? Webb left the Republican party a long, long time ago and for different reasons.

Latest Virginia polls (average #'s) :

Senator George Allen (R) 54%

James Webb (D) 30%

And it's never over 'til it's over ... :)

T

TXHusker05

It is sad that all the Dems want is to out the Republican party from office, but they can't field a halfway decent candidate to run in 08. Hillary couldn't win and if she won the primary (heaven forbid), they'd be sure to lose even if the Republicans put Mickey Mouse up there.

The Republicans have a list of people they can run up to the podium as decent primary candidates, the Democrats can't find one person that is halfway decent.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
TXHusker05 said:
It is sad that all the Dems want is to out the Republican party from office, but they can't field a halfway decent candidate to run in 08. Hillary couldn't win and if she won the primary (heaven forbid), they'd be sure to lose even if the Republicans put Mickey Mouse up there.

The Republicans have a list of people they can run up to the podium as decent primary candidates, the Democrats can't find one person that is halfway decent.

Let go out on a limb here, you are a Republican? The field is wide open for both parties right now, who knows who will be running in 4 years?

Birdman

Flash said:
Let go out on a limb here, you are a Republican? The field is wide open for both parties right now, who knows who will be running in 4 years?
2 years

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
TXHusker05 said:

I'm not a Republican (in fact, not anything, as far as political affiliation goes), but I think this has been the Democrats' problem in the last two elections. They don't run strong candidates...maybe because they don't have any (which I don't think is true, I personally think there are a few), or maybe because they only try to run the most far-left person they can ever find...I dunno.

Re: Republicans...Anyone heard how Lynn Swan is doing over in PA? At the most basic level, Republican views + football star = solid to me...My old sociology prof would flip over that massive generalization...don't worry though, I'll put a lil more thought than that into my ballot when the time comes...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
BrandonJ1780 said:
Re: Republicans...Anyone heard how Lynn Swan is doing over in PA? At the most basic level, Republican views + football star = solid to me...My old sociology prof would flip over that massive generalization......
" .... Three polls in May 2006 show Swann trailing Rendell by an increasing margin compared to the prior several months. A Quinnipiac College poll estimates Swann is 22 percentage points behind Rendell. Franklin & Marshall's Keystone Poll shows Swann trailing by 14 percentage points. Strategic Vision has Swann within eight points. An April 29 Rasmussen Report poll has Swann leading by three points in a two-way race ...."

To bad Swan's not a "minority" (whatever that is) ... he might get some Democrat votes as a result. :)

Swann_governor.jpg

Lynn Swann and his wife, Charena ... nice lookin' couple, yes???

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
BrandonJ1780 said:
Thanks for update A-4's. That's too bad about Swann fading as of late...

Rendell still has plenty of time to shoot himself in the foot. The stealth payraise issue is going to comeback to haunt him. Don't read too much into these polls. What I find amazing is that the State of Pennsylvania hasn't had money for anything until this year. Now Rendell is running all over the state handing out checks, trying to buy votes.