• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MSR vs PRD

milky-f18

loud-mouthed, know-it-all
Can somebody point me in the right direction? If you have PCS orders, are you required to complete your orders to your PRD or your MSR if you want to resign? This is mostly hypothetical right now, but in my case:

My last PCS was local (no actual move)
My orders are 2 year orders, and my MSR is 20 months into it (meaning I have about a 4-5 month difference between my PRD and MSR).

Just curious if I would be able to get out at my MSR or have to stick around the extra 4-5 months for my MSR.

Thanks.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Can somebody point me in the right direction? If you have PCS orders, are you required to complete your orders to your PRD or your MSR if you want to resign? This is mostly hypothetical right now, but in my case:

My orders are 2 year orders, and my MSR is 20 months into it (meaning I have about a 4-5 month difference between my PRD and MSR).

Just curious if I would be able to get out at my MSR or have to stick around the extra 4-5 months for my MSR.

Thanks.
There is one additional acronym that you need to factor in. I think it is EAOS in this case, but I am not sure.

Regardless of the acronym, you possibly incurred an extended obligation when you accepted PCS orders. I noted that they were local orders, so that time may be nothing, but you will have to double check. Usually the time requirement is related to IN/OCONUS and sea/shore duty.

If you have met that time requirement then you can submit your resignation to coincide with your MSR.

As I write this post, it occurs to me that I think you are confusing MSR with EAOS, if I am correct, then just swap the two acronyms above.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot

Thanks.

The typical obligation incurred when you PCS is two years. Since you didn't move I think you have a solid case for that being waived. Another factor would be your relief. The detailer has been planning on you being there for 2 yrs and may have someone penciled in already depending on the actual dates. I recommend, if you really want to get out, be upfront with your detailer and they will probably work with you. Just keep in mind if he says no you will have your work cut out for you. By the time you could appeal his decision to his boss he has already pled his case.

Just to clarify...for your letter to be approved you must be clear of all obligations. The retirement office will check with your detailer so don't try an end around. Those are two officers at BUPERS that actually talk to each other.

get on the phone...and be nice:)