• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Murtha: "Buy Both Tankers"

Bevo16

pilot
It's a T-Ball world. No winners. No losers. Everyone gets a hotdog.

(or a multi-billion dollar government contract)

Lawman

None
In all actuality regardless of what the re-eval decides I cant see this contract going anywhere but to Boeing. Not with all the talk of how we are trying to make jobs and revitalise the economy by dumping programs into it that will have long term effects. Short of the Euro's essentially doing what we did with foriegn countries manufacturing the whole F-16 in their home country I cant see a way they will be able to compete with Boeing in that fight.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In all actuality regardless of what the re-eval decides I cant see this contract going anywhere but to Boeing. Not with all the talk of how we are trying to make jobs and revitalise the economy by dumping programs into it that will have long term effects. Short of the Euro's essentially doing what we did with foriegn countries manufacturing the whole F-16 in their home country I cant see a way they will be able to compete with Boeing in that fight.

That is largely what their proposal was, final assembly and manufacturing a large number of the parts here.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Well done, Murtha .... we'll get half the # of tankers at twice the price.

The country is dying, drifting, and rudderless from a lack of leadership ...

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The damn KC-45 will be built in Mobile. There's signs for it all over the place. This "buy American" nonsense is just a smokescreen by Boeing.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Dumbest...idea...ever.

I don't think it's possible to adequately list Representative Murtha's "accomplishments" without getting myself in trouble.

SkywardET

Contrarian
Well done, Murtha .... we'll get half the # of tankers at twice the price.

The country is dying, drifting, and rudderless from a lack of leadership ...
Just think, this could be the Air Force's LCS-like acquisition! We should two-hull every acqusition process, actually. Why reap the benefits of mass production when all it will save you is money?

Redux

Murtha was right ONCE in his freaking life, he described Steeler fans as inbred assholes. Every dog finds a bone once in a while, he found his. :eek:

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I know the ethos of of "Once a Marine, always a Marine".....but after his slander against Col. Chisani and the other Haditha Marines, I wish the USMC would just disown him as one of their own.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
I know the ethos of of "Once a Marine, always a Marine".....but after his slander against Col. Chisani and the other Haditha Marines, I wish the USMC would just disown him as one of their own.

Concur. I turned down a job with a 30K raise because the company was in his district in Johnstown and he was their patron saint.