• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mustang Officers???

Status
Not open for further replies.

udmips

Any MC officers out there that did thier time in the enlisted ranks (active) ?? If so whats programs did you use to get where you are now?

s/f

towbubba

boot 46 pilot
Active 94-98 PLC-Combined only way to go besides OCC which is the best. Now that I think of it don't talk to the OSO until you are starting your last year of college. This way you won't have to wipe retards as*es after you graduate because the OSO will either not tell you or lie to you about getting to TBS and you won't get paid while you wait. PLC guys are the bottom of the barell for TBS slots. It goes OCC'ers, bulldog, ring knockers, ROTC-nazis, and PLC'ers. So wait until you graduate before you ship out to OCS. And remember TBS is worse than OCS on so many levels but waiting for TBS is worse still.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Originally posted by towbubba
And remember TBS is worse than OCS on so many levels but waiting for TBS is worse still.

Could you please explain? I've heard that TBS isn't as bad as OCS...

livefast

EA-6B1: "The Big Suck" is far worse by all accounts. Towbubba, why do you think PLC are last to be chosen? What is that determined by?

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
He didn't say TBS was "harder"...he said it was "worse." Mostly because you're there for SIX MONTHS (if you're lucky to start and detach quickly).

It lives up to its nicknames rather well-
The Big Suck
The Body Softener
etc...

mrssgt2001

Hubby is active '95-present, commissioned via ECP Dec '02. Attended OCS (OCC) Oct-Dec '02, TBS Jan-Jul '03 (Bravo CO)

Word to the wise about ECP/or any program for that matter: get your package in early and stay on the heels of those who submit stuff for you (medical records, letters of rec). Hubby's first package was late because of bad info (wrong deadline), 2nd package was rejected b/c his corpsman didn't submit medical records on time, 3rd time finally was the charm. AND, once the board closed, they took 3 weeks to post the MARADMIN w/ the selectees' names on it! In our case, we had 3 WEEKS to pack our HHG, find renters for our house, and move from the date the post came out to the day he had to report for OCS! (we were at Camp Pendleton at the time) the timing was extremely tight for us; but, like so many other things in the USMC, you learn to manage.

AND, it doesn't matter how little time you have left on your current enlistment for ECP/MCP/whatever: they make you re-enlist for another 3 years before they send you to OCS. That way, if you fail or get hurt, you go back to the unit you detached from until you heal or try again. There are a lot of hoops--be prepared for that!

Hubby preferred OCS over TBS, hands down! OCS builds comradarie--TBS, for a lot of people--tears it down b/c you all compete for the same MOS slots, and people get selfish. At times it got downright nasty, but that depends on the integrity of the individuals you deal w/ too. I know he really hated the politics of it. Keep the big picture in mind at all times.

For the married folks: TBS stinks for the wives too--long hours, exhausted husbands, stress, few job prospects--but if the Company CO is married, and he has a considerate, active wife who cares for the good of the students' wives, it will be much better. My husband's CO's wife was incredible in planning events, get-togethers, play-dates for kids, etc so it's more bearable. I made many friends, and it was cool when we moved to Pensacola that so many of them all moved down at the same time. We still hang out. The Marines have that advantage over the Navy SNFOs/SNAs on that regard, and it rolls over to benefit the spouses/families too.

Now hubby is SNFO, 2 weeks from graduating Primary.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Crowbar

Set to be commissioned December 2004

I thought the title of this post read "Mustang Officers" not "Enlisted, but gonna be an Officer some-friggin-day"...

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Crowbar
Is that CLP I smell? And why are you wearing shower shoes?

I'm glad you mentioned "Shower Shoes"...

Don't forget YOUR shower shoes when you go to OCS this summer.

...just some friendly "Marine to Marine" advice

Status
Not open for further replies.