• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My motivational statement.

new user

I'm not going to post it here because I really don't want to start another fight. But, I wanted to see if there was anyone out there that wanted to read it and make edits, not in content, but in grammar. Sometimes I use the passive voice and not the active and sometimes I switch it, etc, etc and I just wanted another set of eyes to roll over it.

Thanks for your help (those that want to help).

Rg9

pilot
...I really don't want to start another fight...
Someone didn't like your previous motivational statement and started a fight, eh? Those things are a big deal to some guys, I guess. :)

In all seriousness, I'd be happy to look it over if you need the help. Metro/IFR briefs are getting pretty boring... PM me.

new user

Someone didn't like your previous motivational statement and started a fight, eh? Those things are a big deal to some guys, I guess. :)

In all seriousness, I'd be happy to look it over if you need the help. Metro/IFR briefs are getting pretty boring... PM me.

Nope, not me. But there have been others who have posted their motivational statements and some folks didn't think they should post them. I'm just trying to use all available resources to make my statement shine....and to fix sentence structure, etc. I don't think I'm horrible because I wrote for a living, but sometimes, you need another set of eyes to take a look at it because what you think is cool to say may not be.

I let it sit for awhile and now I'm putting the finishing touches on it. I'll pm you once it's done.

Thanks for your help.

Brett1

Banned
I am writing this letter because I take issue with some of Mr. New User's biases. For starters, it would be wrong to imply that User is involved in some kind of conspiracy to panic irrationally and overreact completely. It would be wrong because his bruta fulmina are far beyond the conspiracy stage. Not only that, but he likes to cite poll results that "prove" that doing the fashionable thing is more important than life or liberty. Really? Have you ever been contacted by one of his pollsters? Chances are good that you never have been contacted and never will be. Otherwise, the polls would show that User's secret passion is to send the wrong message to children. For shame! User has never tried to stop wanton undesirables who force us to experience the full spectrum of the New User Rainbow of Larrikinism. In fact, quite the opposite is true: User encourages that sort of behavior. Someone has been giving his brain a very thorough washing, and now User is trying to do the same to us. I am astonished by how little integrity and good judgment he possesses. The denial of this fact only proves the effrontery, and also the stupidity, of the most harebrained adulterers you'll ever see.
I must part company with many of my peers when it comes to understanding why I've catalogued all of User's foibles -- and the list is pretty big. My peers believe that I regret not writing this letter sooner. While this is indubitably true, I assert we must add that I would be grateful if User would take a little time from his rigorous schedule to reinforce the contentions of all reasonable people and confute those of lethargic, offensive loudmouths. Of course, pigs will grow wings and fly before that ever happens. He is always demanding money, sympathy, and the punishment of his critics. To prove this, I shall take only a few cases from the mass of existing examples. Lest you think that I'm talking out of my hat here, I should point out that User uses the very intellectual tools he criticizes, namely consequentialist arguments rather than arguments about truth or falsity.
While it's true that vile proletariats do not deserve the assistance they receive from society, he has yet to acknowledge that fact. I must ask that User's janissaries avoid the extremes of a pessimistic naturalism and an optimistic humanism by combining the truths of both. I know they'll never do that, so here's an alternate proposal: They should, at the very least, back off and quit trying to encourage every sort of indiscipline and degeneracy in the name of freedom. The modes of thought, convictions, and positions that User is trying to tattoo on our minds are not educational, but ignorant. But don't take my word for it; ask any pharisaical jabberer you happen to meet. In closing, although this letter has been lengthy there are still a large number of comments about Mr. New User that I have had to leave aside. I didn't even begin to mention, for instance, that User's intimations are enmeshed in allotheism. Anyway, the important point is that User's ideologies have a crippling effect on science and technology.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
I am writing this letter because I take issue with some of Mr. New User's biases. For starters, it would be wrong to imply that User is involved in some kind of conspiracy to panic irrationally and overreact completely. It would be wrong because his bruta fulmina are far beyond the conspiracy stage. Not only that, but he likes to cite poll results that "prove" that doing the fashionable thing is more important than life or liberty. Really? Have you ever been contacted by one of his pollsters? Chances are good that you never have been contacted and never will be. Otherwise, the polls would show that User's secret passion is to send the wrong message to children. For shame! User has never tried to stop wanton undesirables who force us to experience the full spectrum of the New User Rainbow of Larrikinism. In fact, quite the opposite is true: User encourages that sort of behavior. Someone has been giving his brain a very thorough washing, and now User is trying to do the same to us. I am astonished by how little integrity and good judgment he possesses. The denial of this fact only proves the effrontery, and also the stupidity, of the most harebrained adulterers you'll ever see.
I must part company with many of my peers when it comes to understanding why I've catalogued all of User's foibles -- and the list is pretty big. My peers believe that I regret not writing this letter sooner. While this is indubitably true, I assert we must add that I would be grateful if User would take a little time from his rigorous schedule to reinforce the contentions of all reasonable people and confute those of lethargic, offensive loudmouths. Of course, pigs will grow wings and fly before that ever happens. He is always demanding money, sympathy, and the punishment of his critics. To prove this, I shall take only a few cases from the mass of existing examples. Lest you think that I'm talking out of my hat here, I should point out that User uses the very intellectual tools he criticizes, namely consequentialist arguments rather than arguments about truth or falsity.
While it's true that vile proletariats do not deserve the assistance they receive from society, he has yet to acknowledge that fact. I must ask that User's janissaries avoid the extremes of a pessimistic naturalism and an optimistic humanism by combining the truths of both. I know they'll never do that, so here's an alternate proposal: They should, at the very least, back off and quit trying to encourage every sort of indiscipline and degeneracy in the name of freedom. The modes of thought, convictions, and positions that User is trying to tattoo on our minds are not educational, but ignorant. But don't take my word for it; ask any pharisaical jabberer you happen to meet. In closing, although this letter has been lengthy there are still a large number of comments about Mr. New User that I have had to leave aside. I didn't even begin to mention, for instance, that User's intimations are enmeshed in allotheism. Anyway, the important point is that User's ideologies have a crippling effect on science and technology.

Man what did you eat for lunch?

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor

So are you saying that you will edit his statement?

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am writing this letter blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah and technology.

:sleep_125...whoops just woke up...I got no idea what you're talking about....

:)

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Hey Brett, I think I speak for all of us when I say "please cut back on the chat, the stripper with bows and arrows need to come back":D