• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My (very small) Good Deed

Pitchlock

pilot
My brother in-laws cousins sister in-law was activated to deploy to Afghanistan. She had six weeks of training in Ft Riley KS before deploying. Upon graduation at Ft Riley she had 3-4 days to get back to Chicago to be with her family.

I was easily volunteered to take our Baron and pick her up from Manhattan Ks and fly her to the Kansas City airport. Short story is that we got her an extra night with her family before deploying.

Longer thoughts are how guilty and proud I am. Proud because she is a 40 something store keeper who was months from retirement, but when her reserve aviation maint unit was called up she answered. Now shes off to Afghanistan for a year. Guilty because of how little directly I'm doing for the war effort.

God bless our Senior Chiefs!!!!!!!

KSUFLY

pilot
That's awesome! Definately keep her and everyone else that's deployed in my thoughts and prayers. On a sidenote, which Baron do you have?

airfrogusmc

God Bless'm all. Don't feel guilty. We can all do our part. Sell the SUV and tell those vets how much you appreciate their service. A big thanks to ALL THAT SERVE from an old broke dick jarhead. THANK YOU.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
My brother in-laws cousins sister in-law was activated to deploy to Afghanistan.[/QUOTE]

Good on you for doing what you could Pitch..then and now.

By the way...am I the only one who thought this was hillarious? "My best friend's, sister's, boyfriend's, brother's girlfriend...
41007_ab.jpg

This makes me think of A4's...:D