• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nas Lemoore Housing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jace

I did a search and found nothing on apartments/house rentals in Lemoore.

Does anyone have any information/recommendations/suggestions??

Would like to buy in Lemoore or surrounds. Any thoughts longer term? An Internet search suggests that prices are still "reasonable" in the area, but supply seems short?

Any help would be appreciated.

NFOwife

Aviator Spouse
Our friends who live there live in Hanford and they like it a lot. I think they built their house about 2-3 years ago.

nateb

I knew it. I'm surrounded by a**holes!
My personal preference would also be Hanford. Lemoore as you have probably discovered is pretty small. Lemoore is about 8 miles east from the front gate of the main-side of the base and I'm not sure how much of a drive to the Ops-side of the base. If you've done your research you know that the main-side and Ops side of the base are about 7 miles apart. Hanford is about another 6 miles east of Lemoore, and is a little bit larger, with more to offer. Check out what each town has to offer. For me the slightly longer commute would not outweigh the few extra niceties that Hanford has to offer.
Have you checked out http://www.lemoore.com or http://www.cnrswhousing.navy.mil/lemoore/City_Housing/city_housing.htm
I have been out of that area for more than a year, and lived on base while there, but I would be happy to try to answer any questions you might have.

yf23echo

housing in lemoore

Jace,

Some of the information you've already gotten is a little incorrect. Hanford is rougly 10 miles from lemoore. And the front gate is about 7 miles from Lemoore. From Hanford to OPS side Lemoore, you're looking at about a 20-25 mile drive. I get to OPS side in about 18-20 minutes from lemoore if the gates aren't flooded. As of now, Hanford doesn't have that much more to offer than Lemoore, besides the wal-mart and the target. Lemoore's got a crappy K-mart...but it's good enough if you only go once every couple of weeks. Basically everything else is the same, only hanford has a bit more of it, but their water tastes like crap...so if that's important to you...keep that in mind. Lemoore just got a stadium seated theater about a year ago, which is a lot nicer than anything in Hanford. Building in general is a lot higher in Lemoore at this point. They're also getting a new strip mall that should open some time this summer. About a gillion houses are being built right now too, so Lemoore is growing a lot faster than Hanford at this point. The price of houses on the west side of Lemoore has more than doubled in the last four years. Your best bet for a house would probably be in the "college park" subdivision right off of 41. It's a pretty nice area. Really big subdivision. Houses there start around 130k if I'm not mistaken. Our house value went from 125k to 265k in four years, so if you're interested in buying a house, that area would be the way to go. They are also in the process of building some pretty big apartments right over there too. We live right across the street from college park in the new centex subdivision. There's a couple houses for sale or rent there too. Your other option would be silva estates. They're building houses right now too, but a lot slower than college park. Prices are a little bit higher there. There's a used house here and there in Lemoore...and a few apartment complexes that don't look bad. So....basically...the stuff is there...http://www.lemoorehomesforsale.com....that website will give you an idea of what you're looking at. Hope this helps. good luck.

jace

Thanks so much for taking the time to give me that information. It is much appreciated. Also thanks for URL's of other sites.

petescheu

Yeah there are def a large amount of housing subdivisions in Lemoore... surprising actually for the size of the town I think. Def take a look around as much as you can. R.E.S is a real estate company there (should come up in a Google search), they should be able to help you out; I'm sure there are others as well.

lcaeagle913

pilot
Echo is right about the water-- well, about all of it really, but especially the water. I looked at it this way: sure, Hanford has a few more restaurants and stores than Lemoore, but I would rather drive the extra 10-15 mins on a Friday night going out than at five in the morning when I'm running late for a brief...

Just my two cents

Status
Not open for further replies.