• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NAS North Island

BRM21o

How competitive is it to get stationed there right out of flight school? I found on their site they have quite a few helo squadrons. I love SD and Coronado...(just don't think I'll be allowed into the Hotel Del Coronado bar anymore...long story)....Thanks!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Well, your avatar says "Devil Dog," so if you're a Marine (or a wannabe), you have zero chance being stationed there. They're all up at Camp Pen or Mirramar.

For the Navy, if you select HS, you'll go there no matter what, as their FRS is there. Then you'd transfer back to Jax of you got HS East. Otherwise you'd have to select HSL-West or HS-West or C-2s. I don't know what the plan is w/ the S-3s. I think they're just going away, so who knows what they'll do w/ the hangars. As for selection, it changes from week to week. It's all needs of the Navy.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well if you're lucky enough to be one of the few E2/C2 selectors out of Primary, then one of those lucky enough to get a class of all Cods, and then be lucky enough to have a San Diego slot available...and then be even luckier because instead of you getting chosen to go to Japan, a buddy of yours "volunteers" to go...and so the lucky one gets... beautiful San Diego!