• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NASWI Prowler

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Were any of you Prowler types on here shooting low approaches into KEUG this afternoon around 1730-ish? Saw you from HWY99...rolled my windows down to hear the moto soundtrack. Lookin good :)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Were any of you Prowler types on here shooting low approaches into KEUG this afternoon around 1730-ish? Saw you from HWY99...rolled my windows down to hear the moto soundtrack. Lookin good :)

That field is part of one of our canned instrument round robin flight routes, so Prowlers do end up there once in a while. As a native Oregonian, I know Eugene is replete with hippies and other such unsavory characters, so I don't bring jets there, but that's just me. :D

Brett

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
That field is part of one of our canned instrument round robin flight routes, so Prowlers do end up there once in a while. As a native Oregonian, I know Eugene is replete with hippies and other such unsavory characters, so I don't bring jets there, but that's just me. :D

Brett

haha....tell me about it....I spent 20 years there before finally getting out :eek:

Just out of curiousity, do you have to stop anywhere for gas on that trip, or do you have enough range to shoot a couple approaches and then head home? Its normally the P-3's that I see (and the occaisonal VMFA(W) Hornet) around here, so this was a little unusual to me....

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
haha....tell me about it....I spent 20 years there before finally getting out :eek:

Just out of curiousity, do you have to stop anywhere for gas on that trip, or do you have enough range to shoot a couple approaches and then head home? Its normally the P-3's that I see (and the occaisonal VMFA(W) Hornet) around here, so this was a little unusual to me....

Nope, that's a relatively short route and it requires no stopping for gas. Under normal circumstances (and 3 drops), we can usually make it down to NASNI or Nellis on one bag of gas (one way).

Brett

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
I was wondering who services the jet when a crew is forced to divert. I have trained aircrew on how to take fuel samples and such, but who performs the DTAs, startup ect?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was wondering who services the jet when a crew is forced to divert. I have trained aircrew on how to take fuel samples and such, but who performs the DTAs, startup ect?

Isn't needed unless the daily expires (72 hours on the road w/ same crew). There's always a transient crew at a military field to get you started and any civilian contract fuel place we plan for will have a start cart, etc and the people who know how to use it. If you have a land ASAP emergency and are forced to land somewhere that can't start you, a start cart will have to be brought in.

Brett

WishICouldFly

UO Future Pork Chop
As a native Oregonian, I know Eugene is replete with hippies and other such unsavory characters, so I don't bring jets there, but that's just me. :D

They're not all hippies. And hippies come in handy every once in a while, like when you're bored waiting at a bus stop...

I definitely heard something overhead yesterday, around 6. I saw a single plane fly in from the north, pull 180, and fly back north. Was that you guys? It didn't really look like a Prowler, but then again, I was on the ground.