• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NATOPS does not cover every potential event

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
So...what would YOU do in THIS situation?

Really though, shoulda caught that one on pre-flight :)

UMichfly

pilot
None
These are the same folks who lost an engine off a 747 over Lake Michigan a few years ago. As much as I wanna support them for their proximity to my alma mater...they strike me as having pretty shitty maintenance.

FLY_USMC

pilot
Pretty sure I remember hearing a story about Connie Kalitta essentially being "Air America" back in the Vietnam days.

plc67

pilot
I think the 747 version of the EVACUATION procedure would cover this situation, even though the fuel control switches and fire switches may not be connected to anything. I'm pretty sure you couldn't be faulted for anything you did if it happened in flight.
Flying for Connie is not for the faint of heart,ie pussies need not apply.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Kalitta has and flies (?) the world's shittiest aircraft -- right up there (down there?) w/ Zantop, Air Zimbabwe, and Air Zanzibar (if there was one). They also employ the world's "funkiest" pilots -- guys right out of Terry & the Pirates.

Next time you're at an "aviation ethnic" airport, such as Anchorage or Miami -- check out the flying hulks that line the airfield perimeter.:eek:

You will usually find Kalitta represented there ... :)

Redux

Pretty sure I remember hearing a story about Connie Kalitta essentially being "Air America" back in the Vietnam days.

Don't think so, he made his fame and fortune from being a drag racer. AA fuel rails if I remember correctly.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Kalitta has and flies (?) the world's shittiest aircraft -- right up there (down there?) w/ Zantop, Air Zimbabwe, and Air Zanzibar (if there was one). They also employ the world's "funkiest" pilots -- guys right out of Terry & the Pirates.
Probably right up there with the clowns that fly 727's VFR around Africa.

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
...split in two while trying to take off Sunday...The aircraft cracked in two after it crashed at the end of runway 220...
It sounds like it crashed for some reason then splitting in half, but the article isn't exactly clear (especially the r/w 220 line...). Any better articles out there?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Wiki claims that they over-ran the rwy after landing, to add some confusion to the wording in the article.

plc67

pilot
Another site says RTO due to loud noise at some inconvenient point. No serious injuries,just some caused by going down the slides.
Connie'll have that baby flying in no time.