• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NAVAIR Approved Flight Glove Order?

Just Tilty

Hey!

I tried to research around to find a NAVAIR order for flight gloves and I couldn't find anything on here or the google machine. Is there anyone who might be able to direct me to a NAVAIR order about approved flight gloves, please?
I have a pair of outdoor research overlord gloves and I know I read that it is approved but cannot find it anymore.

Thanks in advance

Pags

N/A
pilot
Talk to your PRs. There should be a list of approved gear. Or you can get super nerdy and find the various flight clearances that provide airworthiness clearance for the various gloves.

Just Tilty

Talk to your PRs. There should be a list of approved gear. Or you can get super nerdy and find the various flight clearances that provide airworthiness clearance for the various gloves.
Yeah, that was going to be my next stop. I know I've read the order somewhere. I just wanted something tangible. Thank you

Just Tilty

I was able to get my hands on the full finger gloves. I do t think they make the fingerless anymore from what I can tell

Pags

N/A
pilot
Yeah, that was going to be my next stop. I know I've read the order somewhere. I just wanted something tangible. Thank you
If other people around you have them I'd just get them. But just depends on whether you're looking for approval for your own OCD, to win a fight, or to get the PR shop to order them for you. Also, nerd clarification: it's an IFC not an order. It doesn't order anything, it just certifies the airworthiness of the subject matter.

Just Tilty

If other people around you have them I'd just get them. But just depends on whether you're looking for approval for your own OCD, to win a fight, or to get the PR shop to order them for you. Also, nerd clarification: it's an IFC not an order. It doesn't order anything, it just certifies the airworthiness of the subject matter.

I just want to be able to justify why I'm wearing them if someone asks
Thanks for the correction, I couldn't think of the proper way of wording it!!

Pags

N/A
pilot
I just want to be able to justify why I'm wearing them if someone asks
Thanks for the correction, I couldn't think of the proper way of wording it!!
Right on. More than likely no one will care. But you can always tell them it's so you can use the MAGTAB. But you should be able to find the IFC on the Airworthiness website or reference the approved flight gear list that your ALSS shop should have access to (I couldn't find it online).

FinkUFreaky

pilot
I was able to get my hands on the full finger gloves. I do t think they make the fingerless anymore from what I can tell
You can always make them fingerless (cut fingertips (thumb, pointer, middle)... Just like I did with my standard issue gloves until provided a proper fingerless glove as an IP (all honesty, only wore gloves in primary, then not again until shore tour as an IP at which point the current skipper had a hard-on about us setting the example and whatnot.... Funny how after 3-4 years of wearing gloves you actually feel naked in the plane when you forget them!)

Other than the rare oddball, nobody gives a F what you wear. Of importance though is if it's not to standards, clean it out of your locker before maintenance inspections.....

Just Tilty

You can always make them fingerless (cut fingertips (thumb, pointer, middle)... Just like I did with my standard issue gloves until provided a proper fingerless glove as an IP (all honesty, only wore gloves in primary, then not again until shore tour as an IP at which point the current skipper had a hard-on about us setting the example and whatnot.... Funny how after 3-4 years of wearing gloves you actually feel naked in the plane when you forget them!)

Other than the rare oddball, nobody gives a F what you wear. Of importance though is if it's not to standards, clean it out of your locker before maintenance inspections.....

I'm hoping the PR would be able, but I would assume someone in town can do it too and see how not wearing can feel naked
I can't imagine anyone caring, but I just want something in my back pocket in the event I get that one guy who wants to say something, you know? lol

HSMPBR

Not a misfit toy
pilot
I got a pair of the overlord gloves in 2008 and I still have them. They are absolutely bomb proof.
They have a lifetime guarantee. When you blow out a pair, call them, mail in the old gloves, get new gloves whenever they have inventory, maybe repeat. You could pay for one pair of gloves in a career. Or order Wiley X every other quarter.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Funny anecdote about fingerless gloves: I had a CO who made the ASO take the official "this is all your flight gear" ALSS poster and color in the fingertips with a sharpie. He was one of those guys who had a great big anger boner for a short list of things and fingerless gloves happened to be one of those things.