• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Naval Aviation Videos/DVD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmitty

Does anyone know of any good Naval Aviation DVD's or Video's and where I can purchase them? I am looking for movies with cool aircraft footage other than Top Gun.

Thanks,

46Driver

"It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gon
Its not Naval Aviation, but the Helicopter Attack in "Apocalypse Now" is stunning.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
We Were Soldiers and Black Hawk Down have great helicopter footage as well, though they are both Army movies. We Were Soldiers has a very short segment of Navy cat shots.

gorpwarp

pro-rec'd snfo
Tears of the Sun - mostly SEAL stuff, but there are helos, a couple of aircraft carrier shots, and F/A-18's at the end.

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
Check out the Naval Aviation Museum in P'cola. They have videos for sale and I think you can order online somehow.

For helos "Straight Up: Helicopters in Action" isn't bad.

NuSnake

I founbd a DVD set at Best Buy entitled, "Jets"....its freakin awesome, all it is is Jet footage and history's with nothing but rock music in the back ground. Really cool stuff. But a bit pricey

paskez2

The IMAX special "Magic of Flight". I saw it a couple of years ago and thought it was just a chronicle of the history of flight, not realizing its focus on the Blue Angels. I remember watching the introduction and leaning over to my friend and whispering: "wouldn't it be awesome if they had some shots of carrier takeoffs and landings."

I almost fell out of my seat when a couple of minutes into the film they had some breathtaking footage of f-18s launching off the carrier deck. I could barely contain my schoolboy giddiness when I finally realized that this IMAX special was about the Blue Angels. I think you can buy the DVD at Best Buy or Amazon.

bluesmobile

P-3 copilot
pilot
Speaking of Blue Angels...don't forget to download a copy of Van Halen's "Dreams" video...a definite must-have! Kazaa or WinMX usually have one floating around somewhere

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
as far as movies..one of my favorite scenes is when the SEAL skipper is talking to Bruce Willis and you can see the Hornet and the Hummer Trapping in the background.

I loved the Littlebird scenes in Black Hawk Down.

Im still trying to get a copy of VFA-137's cruise DVD that they were selling at the AirShow in Lemoore. Didnt have the cash on hand at the time. Considering bugging their PAO.

Lonestar155

is good to go
It seems like a few years back, The Discovery Channel aired a lot more programs on the NAVY and things such as that. I always watched sea wings. That was a good show. But hey someone mentioned to watch Carrier Fortress at Sea. Really good doc. on carriers.

Status
Not open for further replies.