• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Naval aviator & prosecutor calls toture

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Front page of the wall street journal today.

A naval aviator who is also a jag officer? Was investigating a guy related to the flight that crashed into the north tower of the WTC. The prosecutor is claiming that the confession was taken after torture had been used.

http://users1.wsj.com/lmda/do/checkLogin?mg=evo-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB117529704337355155.html%3Fmod%3Dhome_we_banner_left

It is not unheard for NA's to redesignate to something else later in their careers. Maybe he was permanently med down or somethign.

I surely doubt he maintains his flight quals. The only one I think does that is CDR Harmon Rabb.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
It is not unheard for NA's to redesignate to something else later in their careers....

Yeah, like this guy...

jag_bio_elliott.jpg

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It is not unheard for NA's to redesignate to something else later in their careers. Maybe he was permanently med down or somethign.

I surely doubt he maintains his flight quals. The only one I think does that is CDR Harmon Rabb.

Charlie Gittins was a USMC NFO who redesignated as a JAG after bottom fell out of RIO future when F-4s were retired out of USMC. He did it very early in his career.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
They had the Law Education Program, but there were some intricacies in applying that made it very difficult for aviator types to apply for it. I don't think the Navy was too interested in funding flight school for an officer, then turning around in funding law school 3 years later.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

phrogpilot73

They had the Law Education Program, but there were some intricacies in applying that made it very difficult for aviator types to apply for it. I don't think the Navy was too interested in funding flight school for an officer, then turning around in funding law school 3 years later.
They still have that program - a guy in my squadron developed "headaches" and got picked up for the Law Education Program, and he's now lead defense counsel at Parris Island.