• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Naval Intelligence field

Kalico

Hi, I recently talked to a recruiter and when I expressed an interest in being involved with intelligence. I was told, I wouldn't be eligible for that area of work due to my lack of math on my transcripts. I graduated college with a Political Science degree and a 2.48 GPA. Since math wasn't emphasized, I only took the mathematics courses required to graduate. The recruiter told me though I'd need to have a experience with Calculus I and II and a few other advanced math courses to be considered for that job field.
Are these types of courses really a set prerequisite for those that choose to pursue a job in Naval Intelligence?

If this belongs in an other thread, I apologize.

Lucy

No math is not required, but a 2.5 GPA is, and anything below a 3.0 is looked down upon, according to desginator specifics. That said, other factors do play roles (leadership, ASTB, work exp., etc).
Search through recent months of applicants to get an idea about who is being accepted. While not 100% impossible, a 2.48 is going to be really hard to get past.