• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy, AF, Marines: Length of Aviation Commitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coaks10

I am a 2005 graduate of Georgetown University. I am considering the service though to be honest do not think that it will be a long-term career for me; however, it is something that I believe strongly in. I get various reactions to asking about the length of service requirements but it factors into my decision.

For Navy, AF, and Marines, what is the length of my obligation to the military upon successful completion of flight school? I am inquiring as to the length from the beginning of OCS through flight school and a tour. Is this a five year commitment--or is it something that I can expect to devote closer to 10 or more years of my life towards?

Otherwise, thoroughly enjoyed the forum and found it highly informative. Thanks in advance to those who can offer some answers.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Uh I beleive I have to do 8 active after getting my wings, I commissioned 2004. Not really a big deal to me. But requirements may differ for OCS and ROTC, I did ROTC.

alwyn2nd

Military Flight School Obligations

1) USAF OTS 12 weeks, Flt school 52 weeks than a ten yr obligation
2) USN OCS 12-14 weeks, Flt school 18-24 months than 8 yr obligation
3) USMC OCS 10 weeks, TBS 26 weeks, Flt school 18-24 months, than 8 year obligation
4) USA Basic Training 9 weeks, WOFT 6 weeks or OCS 20 weeks including BOLC II and Flt school 28-40 weeks than 6 yr obligation

Or you can fly in the USAF Air Guard/Reserve or USA Guard/Reserve PART TIME. Pick your poison and enjoy the ride of your life while you protect the greatest country in your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.