• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy BDCP Contract Help

TUFFCASE

Gents,

I got commissioned in 2005 and have served a total of 2 years in the Navy, I received the BDCP aid for 18 months while going to college, i received a DUI two years after my commision and i am pending to be separated from the navy with a general discharge under honorable conditions in february 2008, i talked to my lawyer and he said that i should not worry about paying the money back because my contract specicifies that i have to make it all the way out of OCS and the 4 year commitment is more of a time all candidates sign when they join the Navy.

I know that if people do not make through OCS,they have to serve two years enlisted, i have friends who got attrited from API and BUDS and were BDCP, received a general discharge under honorable conditions, and did not have to pay any moneys back, they were also USNA and ROTC, which is sometimes more money than what BDCP pays.

Please advise on what i should expect or if you know of any different stories, so far i have heard nothing from NAVPERSCOM about this, but i want to be prepared for anything.

I appreciate your time and help.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
In a legal matter such as this, I would listen only to civilian lawyers who have experience in these matters. If necessary, get a second legal opinion.