• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Contracts - Length of Service

Eliot Watts

I searched but didn't see a post that contained a complete answer. Air Contracts are eight years active duty but what are the other Naval Officer Designations?

Thank you,

Eliot

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
I searched but didn't see a post that contained a complete answer. Air Contracts are eight years active duty but what are the other Naval Officer Designations?

Thank you,

Eliot

Naval Aviator is 8 after wings, NFO is 6 after wings.

The others depend on how you earn your commission. Mostly going along the lines of 4 active/4 IRR.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Depends on the NFO pipeline. Some are shorter than others. P-3/E-6 Maritime pipeline I believe is the shortest, whereas the Jet pipeline is the longest.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Rg9

pilot
I know SNAs go to school for 2 years. What about SNFO? Is that also 2 years or less?
2 years for SNA's plus or minus. Some guys do it in 1 1/2 or less, and some take 2 1/2 or more. It all depends. SNFO's seem to usually be shorter. I know of some '07 grad SNFO's that are getting winged now.

The 8/6 yr contract for all starts after flight school, so NA's end up being about 10 yr commitments and NFO's are about 7-8.