• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy F-16s -- Picture link

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow, I didn't realize the navy had any F-16s, cool pic

Advesary aircraft only, they were intended for Pakistan before we embargoed them in 1990. The Navy got them about half of them (of 36 I believe, the USAF TPS got the other half) 4 or 5 years ago after sitting in desert storage.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Are those the ones that landed on the aircraft carrier? ;)

(sorry, couldn't resist :D)

SuperFly

pilot
All of those F-16's that you see in the picture are from NSAWC in the Fallon NV. Most of the pilots that fly in those planes are either Top Gun instructors or are instructors at NSAWC. Not a bad life if you ask me. Flying both hornets and vipers in the same tour! I think I might give it a whirl....the only negative is Fallon is in the middle of nowhere.

es101js

pilot
Is an adversary squadron tour a reserve job primarily, or do active duty folks (besides top gun instructors) get a chance to fly those missions or A/C, etc?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Is an adversary squadron tour a reserve job primarily, or do ......?
Did you think of trying the "search" function ... ??? Here's 4+ pages of thread ... just type "Adversary Squadron" ...

ADVERSARY SQUADRONS

dsc006969pysmallxt3.jpg

badger16

None
Its late and I didn't read through the whole thread A4's posted so i'm sorry if it was covered, but looking at that F-16 photo with the two seat models got me thinking... can NFO's get into the VC squadrons or just NA's? I know most of the Jets are one seaters, F-5's F-16 etc, but then what are the two seaters for?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
....can NFO's get into the VC squadrons or just NA's? I know most of the Jets are one seaters, F-5's F-16 etc, but then what are the two seaters for?

As far as I know, VFC-12 had a RIO billet for years.........was suppose to be an expert in radar-guided AAM's........