• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy FACs?

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
macattack said:
Do they exist? Having trouble finding any answer either way.
On a similar note, do SWOs ever do ANGLICO tours, for that matter (like once in a turqouise moon)?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
macattack said:
Do they exist? Having trouble finding any answer either way.

Some aviators have deployed with SEALs as Air Liaison Officers (RIOs who are FAC (A) qualified are preferred).

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
heyjoe said:
Some aviators have deployed with SEALs as Air Liaison Officers (RIOs who are FAC (A) qualified are preferred).

Ah, ha. That would explain an IA that I saw pop up the other day....

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
gatordev said:
Ah, ha. That would explain an IA that I saw pop up the other day....

I hate the way those IA billets just pop up and ruin a perfectly good day...

I hear about 1 every other week or so that my community has to fill, is it about the same pace for the other communities? How often do you see them pop up?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
HooverPilot said:
I hate the way those IA billets just pop up and ruin a perfectly good day...

I hear about 1 every other week or so that my community has to fill, is it about the same pace for the other communities? How often do you see them pop up?

About the same for the training command. They were just starting to happen when I was in the fleet, so it wasn't as wide spread for our community at the time.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Individual Augment.

I know of some folks who have gone to the desert for 180 days. I think every so often each community has to pony up bodies.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Fly Navy said:
For the ignorant, what as an IA billet?
the best IA tours going right now, at least in the Corps, are the ones that pull you from your fleet flying squadron and place you in the Horn of Africa or even worse, a joint billet with the Army in Iraq, while still on those DIFOP orders ...

thinking out loud <put'n out some serious chaff while executing that perfect notch to get skinny, while hoping you haven't recently pissed the Skipper off, in order to dodge that shit deal - they're abundent right now - another good reason not to half-ass your ground job(s) so you don't get shitcanned on your first fleet tour!>

s/f

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
jarhead said:
the best
...while hoping you haven't recently pissed the Skipper off, in order to dodge that shit deal - they're abundent right now - another good reason not to half-ass your ground job(s) so you don't get shitcanned on your first fleet tour!>

s/f

Well put. I've seen both JOs and O-4s get the "good deal" because they weren't in the "right" job or because they didn't have a fan in the front office.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok, I understand it now. VT-7 and VT-9 Navy IPs are being hit up for IA billets right now, for Iraq duty.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
eddie said:
On a similar note, do SWOs ever do ANGLICO tours, for that matter (like once in a turqouise moon)?

I've met 2 of them over the years. Granted, ANGLICO seems to restructure itself completely about twice a quarter, but the opportunity for a SWO to do it definitely is out there, just a matter of catching the right wave. You can't spell "ANGLICO" without "NG. (naval gunfire)"

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Most of the NGLOs (Naval Gunfire Liason Officer) these days are WOs/LDOs. The NGLO we had at my battalion was shit hot. A chain smoking marathon runner who had called in 16" guns in Lebannon. Definitely a been there done that type, he is at ANGLICO now by the way. From what I saw most NGLOs are now WOs.
I heard that NGLO was a bad deal for bad SWOs back in the day (read longer than 8 years ago).

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We just got a bunch of new IAs here in C5F. Some here in Bahrain, some in Iraq and one an LNO at CENTCOM. So the jobs vary. Guys in states are on per diem. Guys in Bahrain/Iraq (most of C5F AOR) are tax free and pull down HFP/IDP, COLA (Bahrian for sure) and FSA.

So there is some silver lining to the IA sometimes...just keep your head down.

r/
G

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Ok, I understand it now. VT-7 and VT-9 Navy IPs are being hit up for IA billets right now, for Iraq duty.

As if VT-9 isn't undermanned enough already.