• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy inert LGB trainers?

Steve Davies

Aviation Writer & Photographer
Can anyone tell me the name of the LGB practice rounds that the Navy hangs off of Hornets? These are not the fat ones, but little skinny blue ones that appear to have a seeker head mated to a metal body.

I have been sent a photo of a D-model Hornet of the NSAWC, and which has an embedded caption calling them Hellfires, but I am not familiar with them. They're certainly not the same Hellfires as the AGM-114 that I am familiar with!

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Steve

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Can anyone tell me the name of the LGB practice rounds that the Navy hangs off of Hornets? These are not the fat ones, but little skinny blue ones that appear to have a seeker head mated to a metal body.

I have been sent a photo of a D-model Hornet of the NSAWC, and which has an embedded caption calling them Hellfires, but I am not familiar with them. They're certainly not the same Hellfires as the AGM-114 that I am familiar with!

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Steve

A pic might be helpful, as it could be lots of stuff. FWIW, the Hornet doesn't carry the -114.

Brett

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
small-lgtr-photo.gif

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Paveway II Laser Guided Training Round.[/FONT]