• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy OCS - Hiring Freeze

bsigmon

Has anyone heard of a hiring freeze for Navy OCS - Newport Rhode Island.

My son scored high on all of the testing and in the top 2% on the aviation test, then BOOM he was told that they are HEAVY with officers?????

GreenLantern330

My son scored high on all of the testing and in the top 2% on the aviation test, then BOOM he was told that they are HEAVY with officers?????

This has been discussed. If you use the search function, you can see a long discussion about what everyone's ORs and processors are telling them about the boards. You can find this in the April thread.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor

It all depends upon what your son is applying for and the needs of the Navy. At this moment, the majority of the selection boards are on hold for an indefinite period of time. The best advice is for him to put his package in as soon as possible so that he can have reviewed at the next board. Below is the link to another thread discussing the vagaries of the selection board process:

http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php/155612-Boards-on-Hold-!

SynixMan

Mobilizer Extraordinaire
pilot
Contributor
The issue is that OCS is a filler source for the shortcomings of the Academy and ROTC. Currently we need less officers than we projected for, so OCS selects are slowing down. These sorts of things ebb and flow.