• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Or Marine Pilot?

cthump

I want to be a pilot and I'm currently thinking navy but I don't really know the details of the differences in the branches Navy or Marines and wonder if someone with some experience could enlighten me??? can I apply for both in case I'm only accepted into pilot training for one?

I'm 23 with my private pilot certificate and should have my instrument and twin rating in a few months. I love flying and would like to use that passion to serve my country and hopefully make a positive impact for mankind, rather then just going commercial pilot and try to make a living. I just started studying for he atsb and figure my scores will give me a better idea of my chances.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Do a search of the site and come back with specific questions. This has been covered multiple times.

Cue dog pile in ...3.....2......1....

81montedriver

pilot
If you want to fly the meanest most badass aircraft that ever flew the skies, aka the KC-130 Hercules, join the Marine Corps.

Otherwise use the search function!

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Or fly something with a tailhook - then you'll know what its like to be part of the 37% that get jets :eek:

oh crap - the secret's out.